Bsod durring BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate_Warior

For some reason I now get a Bsod durring BF2..........no other game gives it to me, and it just started............I had just installed SF and was playing it fine for a week, then it happened..........here are my minidumps

One minidumps crashes at ntoskrnl.exe, and points to your Norton antivirus programme.

The other minidump crashes with memory corruption. Possibly faulty ram.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :)

Hiya,
One points towards ntoskrnl.exe and the other points towards memory corruption.

If you've got 2 sticks of ram, try isolating one and then the other. Some pesky ram sticks can pass the memtest..

Hope that helps :rolleyes:

Apply BF2 fix

Hi,

I've just got a reply at another forum relating to BF2 crash with IRQL x'ff'. Applying BF2 fix resolves the BSOD.

Mini120705-01.dmp BugCheck 100000D1, {e25c608c, ff, 0, 897f8288}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAddValidPageToWorkingSet+99 )

Mini120805-01.dmp BugCheck 1000000A, {e3614e88, ff, 0, 80563cd6}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!ExpLookupHandleTableEntry+15 )

Hi Ultimate Warior,

That is interesting as your problem only occurs at BF2. Similar problem has different solution. For that problem it crashed BF2 and it also has Norton AV with the same version as yours. My original recommedation to him was to de-install Norton AV and it doesn't work. After he upgrade the new BF2 fix and the problem resolved. I've sent him an update about your solution.

BTW what version of BF2 you are using.

I was having a similar issue and finally changed my RAM settings to 2.5/3/3/6 1T from 2/3/3/6 1T and just like that the crashes stopped. Every other program and benchmark ran fine at the faster settings but BF2 crashed. BF2 is very sensitive to system settings apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back