BSoD Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have found myself in the middle of an imfamous BSoD error.
I can still boot in safe mode, and I can still boot in Ubuntu.
When I try to boot in XP, everything works perfectly until after I log in. Once I log in, it works for another say 20 seconds like normal, and then crashes. I'm not quite sure what to do, but I am desprate to get my new computer back in order. The Technical information is below:

STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x8A00B020, 0x8A00B194,0x805D117A)

Beginning dump of physical memory..... ect.

DSC06063.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance!

~Briceman :wave:

This is what i would do if u tried doing everything.
1)Go to bios and select CD drive as 1st boot.
2)boot xp cd and PRETEND u are gonna do a clean install, BUT HUGE BUT..
3)Continue with the agreeing with the EULA by pressing F8, and find an option that tells u to reinstall xp and fixing it by leaving the HD intact and not reformating.

Something like that, this will basically restore any xp corruptions without deleting xp. (basically it copies XP all over) (kinda like retracing the leterrs on a paper withou erasing anything)

Bad paging space

Hi,

Usually bugcheck code F4 is related to bad paging space or faulty ram. Run chkdsk /r and re-allocate the paging space. If the problem still exists, run memtest to stress test the ram.

Hurray!! My computer it back up and running, kind of. I'm currently on my new computer (the one that had the BSoD). I got my internet back up.

It was really weird, I installed windows by booting from the CD just like I would if I had an old version of windows. All of my files are still here. Everything under C:\Program Files\ is still here. None of the installed apps work though, windows doesn't know that they are installed. Right now I'm currently re-downloading every app I had installed. But all in all, my computer works!! :)

Some problems have surfaced though. Because all of my drivers were reset, the software that came installed for my nVidia GeForce 7300 LE is gone. It was really cool, I could make windows transparent, and throw windows, all that jazz. Does anyone know where I could get the software again? I tried www.nvidia.com but no luck, they have the drivers for the old GeForce, and the new GeForce 8000. Any help?

Even more importantly would be my sound problem. The computer came already set up in the mail. There is no separate sound card, it's part of the mother board (I think). Anyway, my computer thinks that I have no sound hardware installed. I don't remember the software name of the sound, but I remember some things about it. I remember that the icon was really crappy. 2D, and an orangery-yellowy. I also remember that you could test your sound on the program. It played a loopy music while showing a picture of a torso and head on the screen. A ball would be going around his head, and the music would pan to where the ball was through the speakers. It could also be a buzzing bee. I remember that much. Any help please?

Any help with either of these two problems will be most appreicated. Also thank you to all who helped me get my computer booting again!!

Thanks,
Briceman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back