BSOD errors, completely baffled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotjack

Sorry i posted this in the wrong section, if you could please take the time to click on the link where are have uploaded a minidump

thankyou

Just attach your minidumps here on your next post. Give us your five most recent dumps in one Zip File via the Attachment Button.

Your dump (posted in the other thread) shows you are running... XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 2)

Oops, pasted wrong clipboard to the thread... repairing now...

9c indicates a hardware problem: the motherboard . Could be weak PSU, bad RAM, bad CPU.

1. Make sure that you are not overclocking, or over voltage, or over temps.
2. You should upgrade to SP3.
3. If issues resolve, great... if not... time for more diagnostics... like memtest, etc.

How will i go about downloading the upgrade if the pc keeps shutting down? how big is the download?

Is there any way of attaining it through disk?

(Thanks for the advice)

Yes the upgrade is available by disk... Less than $10 (US) including shipping (US).
But, please review my revised post... sorry, I had initially pasted the wrong clipboard.

Also, from your dump...
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9C_AuthenticAMD
_VAL_UC_ADDRV_PCC_MEMHIRERR_35
This error code can be reported back to the manufacturer. They may be able to provide additional information based upon this error. All questions regarding STOP 0x9C should be directed to the hardware manufacturer.

Also, another thread pointing to overheating as an issue for 9c bugcheck problems.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic27003.html

Ok i have now done the following;

Replaced the ram, and memtested it (fine)
Cleaned the PC
Updated all the drivers
Upgraded to sp3
Virus Scanned it

I am still however suffering constant BSOD's, so i have uploaded the 2 for today. If anyone can gimme a hand id be extremely grateful

I did a full virus scan on my pc today, and removed a few viruses, however i am still encountering frequent BSOD's

latest minidump is as follows,

I read your three minidumps and two, 0xD1 and 0x8E, simply cited Windows OS drivers which are too general to be much help. 0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers or faulty or mismatched memory. 0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware and are particularly a strong indicator of corrupted memory.

The most recent is 0xA and these are usually caused by hardware or drivers attempting an IRQ Level that they shouldn't. This dump cited hardware as the issue but nothing more definitive.

I suggest doing the following.

1. Run Memtest on your RAM. See this link and follow the instructions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better.. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

2. You mention you removed viruses. We strongly suggest that when a person has removed infections it is important to go to our Virus and Malware removal forum, read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky, follow the instructions step by step, and on that forum post the three required logs.

So many people, even after running their security scans find they are still infected.

*** Get back to us on the Memtest results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back