BSOD even in recovery mode, hardware issue?

Hi, I was running windows vista when all of a sudden i experienced the bsod and my computer shut down. As far as I know, I did nothing to cause this. Whenever I restarted my computer it worked for a good 10 seconds and then shutdown. After a good few days of this happening I decided to just revert my computer back to its factory settings in recover mode. It bluescreened right in the middle of the process. Upon the next startup the computer told me that no windows was found and yet i still experienced a bluescreen whenever i attempted to re-install windows.

A friend took my computer to work and his IT guys were somehow able to re-install windows vista business edition but had no suggestions as to what was causing the problem. Now, windows runs fine for a while but then crashes out of the blue.

Here is the error report-

Product
Windows

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
8/17/2010 1:06 PM

Status
Not Reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
Mini081710-02.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 4e
BCP1: 00000099
BCP2: 0006495A
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 000649DB
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

I own an hp g60 laptop if that helps at all.

0x4E errors are a very strong sign of corrupted memory. We strongly suggest running memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Back