BSOD every day

April xo

I keep getting a blue screen of death. I usually get one every weekday, sometimes twice (one right after the other), but right now I've had seven in under 2 hours. I've tried updating some drivers, but nothing seems to help fix it. I get the error
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

STOP 0x0000003B

This is what popped up when my computer restarted.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88001A9553B
BCP3: FFFFF8800B7F8930
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I'm not a computer whiz, so please leave detailed instructions.

Please please please help me, I'm at the end of my rope ):

Okay, go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click, sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here...

All of the files I had were too large. So I just uploaded the ones I've gotten in February. If you need more, I can upload them bit by bit.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    532.5 KB · Views: 1
Most of these are network related driver issues. There may be some hard drive data corruption too. Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager? Go to Computer and right-click on the C drive. Select properties, tools, check now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up

I didn't see any ! in my device manager and nothing popped up after the disk check, so I'm pretty sure that's fine too. I had to download something to connect to my school's internet, but I already uninstalled the program (although I still use the internet). My computer has never blue screened while I was using the internet at my home. Is this related or is it just a coincidence?

Typically yes. A few times I'll get one, restart my computer and ten minutes later I'll get another

Attachments

• 020714-40591-01.zip
    39.2 KB · Views: 1
Laptop or desktop PC? Same network stuff. Are you in a Dorm or does this happen in class or other places?

It's a laptop, barely a year old. It usually happens in my dorm. Out of the 40 or so times it's happened, only one was not inside the dorm. But I rarely take it out of the dorms, so that might be the only reason for that.

"I had to download something to connect to my school's internet"... Doing this could have changed a single network setting that is causing the trouble

It could have changed a setting and when you uninstalled it the setting was still changed... You can try selecting a restore point to a date before you installed the school download

Back