TechSpot

BSOD, freezing, constant error codes

By Swagdoctor
Jul 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. My computer has been having BSOD issues and is constantly freezing. I ran the windows memory diagnostic and memtest86 because I suspected that there was a memory issues. Two of the test came back positive for error. One had over 65000 errors and one had over 45000 errors. I have included my windows error reporting log and my minidump file. I'm using Windows 7 64x bit, Dell xps 15z with 6GB of installed physical memory and an Intel i5-2430 processor. I'm wondering whether or not I should just replace the memory or just add more. I also noticed that my computer was deferring to my paging file on my hard disk. msinfo32 said that my available physical memory was only 2.92 GB, but that I had almost 12GB of total virtual memory and 8.65 GB of available virtual memory. What does all this mean?

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,073   +169

"Two of the test came back positive for error. One had over 65000 errors and one had over 45000 errors... Replace the memory

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.