BSOD frustrating please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LenaMarieD

Hey all, first time poster, having a heck of a time here. I got my computer custom built as a christmas gift and i've been having this strange bsod that pops up during gaming, anywhere from between an hour to two hours of gaming. I've taken it in to the store that built it and they seem clueless as to fix it, its been in the shop 5 times, yes a literal 5 times already and its not fixed.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
1gig by 2 500 meg chips on dual channel mode
Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9
Asus Geforce 7800 GT Video card
Windows XP Home SP2

The information from Event Viewer is Event ID 1003, Catagory 102, Source System Error

Error Code 0000009c, Paramete2 80545ff0, Parameter3 b200000, Paramter4 00070f0f

I hope thats enough, i can try to write down what the blue screen says.

Thanks for any help guys, its been driving me mad :)

Find your minidump files and ZIP up 5 or 6 of them and attach them here.

You can find the minidumps in %systemroot%\minidump

Since the problem has been there since the begining, it very well could be a hardware problem. You could try updating your BIOS for one. And you might also try putting your RAM in single channel mode instead of dual channel as a test.

If they installed a dedicated sound card, try moving it farther away from the video card on the PCI slots.
And as soon as you get a BSOD, feel the case and heatsinks to see if any are really hot. Especially the CPU and video card heatsinks.

Thanks for the reply, the four previous times it went in to the shop, it was in single channel mode, just when it came back this time it was in dual channel just to clarify and here are the dumps, though im not too sure how to update the bios in my mobo but I'll look in the manual, hopefully those files will help though.

edit: Just happened again and I was able to write down what the blue screen said.

MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION
Stop 0x00000009C (0x00000004, 0x80545FF0, 0xB200000, 0x00070F0F)

if that helps any, and the case didnt feel really hot but around back by the fan did though I've never put my hand there before so im unsure what is normal, though right after the blue screen I looked in the bios and turned on the alarms and they started going off, not sure if it means anything.

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    46.1 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Minidumps are a a snapshot of what your computer was doing when it crashed.

All your minidumps crash with a bugcheck of 9C.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

As you can see from the above, you have a hardware failure of some kind. This could be any hardware.

Start by going HERE and following the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back