BSOD - hardware problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ive recently bought a new computer and installed windows xp and a few other programs on it. But it seems very unstable, i can get a BSOD in the middle of a game, or simply when the computer is idle. It also sometimes crashes while im loading / or have just loaded windows. And sometimes it can run for a day without problems.
i can post several minidumps - which so far has told me nothing specific. seems to be a new error each time. please advise what i can try if its obvious what the problem is.

my hardware is the following:

Intel P4 3000MHz 64 bit S-775
Asrock 775Dual-880 VSTA S-775
2GB DDR2 Ram PC4200 1. Part (2x1GB)
512MB MSI GeF 7900GTO DDR3 PCI-E
320GB Maxtor 7200rpm 16MB
Floppy 1.44 Sort
Colors-IT L8033-C43 400W Sort/Sølv
Thermaltake Silent TR2 Intel 775
18x Samsung DVD/RW DL Sort

Software:
WindowsXP pro
Zonealarm
Deamon Tools
AVGfree Antivirus
Realtek HD audio Manager
Nvidia control panel (newest drivers)

Minidumps incomming - sorry for the large post before, attached a notepad now

ou are lucky if this post doesnt get taken down!... you should attach your minidumps in a Notepad file rather than patse it onto a post!

You need to take note of what Sjbrand99 said!!!!

You could have a ram problem or a hard drive problem.
Google and get memtest and run it for at least 8 passes to test your ram!!!!
Get speedfan from the downloads section and use it to checkout your hard drives S.M.A.R.T. characteristics and get it to do an online in-depth analysis!!!!

Thx for the responses, ive run memtest, and bam lots of errors on first 5 minutes - trying to get my blocks replaced.

also ran the speedfan, but the only parameters below very good is these, i cant say if that makes out a problem for my performance: can anyone give me any tips on how to interprete this?

Raw Read Error Rate 114 63837624 Normal

Seek Error Rate 55 6 29 30233 Normal

Unknown attribute 190 60 673513512 Watch
Warning: Unknown attribute 190 is below the average limits (63-100).

Put your memory in one stick at a time and run memtest, if only one stick gives you errors its probably bad RAM...Otherwise it could be any number of things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back