BSOD Help-Custom Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANGuySF07

Hey guys, I'm not the smartest computer guy out there. I know a little bit here and there but not enough to fix my problem.

I have a custom built computer (see the attached dxdiag file) which is acting up a bit lately. I use AntiVir Personal Edition Classic for antivirus, TweakNow PowerPack 2006, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Ad-Aware SE.

The main problem is this...At random times while on my computer, MOSTLY when I'm playing the game Battlefield 2, I'll eventually get a blue screen of death with either 'DRIVER IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS', 'BAD POOL CALLER' , or just 'IRQL LESS THAN' something like that.

The second problem which isn't as serious is that both Firefox and IE sometimes don't load pages completely. I'll get the white internet page with nothing, or sometimes I'll have to refresh a lot. For example, when I log into myspace everytime with Firefox, after I click login, it just shows a completely white page with only the top myspace options 'Home' 'Help' etc.. and I always will have to click "Home" for it to reload back to myspace homepage and then click home AGAIN to bring me to where I should be. It happens on other web sites too where I'll be browsing and some stuff, usually around the borders or edges will show but the rest of the page will be clear. It doesn't happen ALL the time but pretty frequently.

Anyways, the BSODs are the worst problem. After a lot of reading, I think it might have something to do with my device drivers but I've checked for updates on just about all of them. The last major driver update I did was with my ASUS Update and updated to BIOS 1013 because it was the latest one. However, I was getting these BSODs long before I updated. The 2 times they seem to happen the most is when 1- I've been playing Battlefield 2 for a little while, and 2-When I go away from the computer for long periods of time and come back and a BSOD is on my screen.

Like I said, I've attached the dxdiag. If you guys need any other info or questions that might help diagnose and fix these problems, please feel free to let me know. I appreciate any help with this matter, thank you for your time.

Well I tried memtest86 over and over again but with no success. However, I did download MemTest and after scanning at 110% thus far (it says that if it goes for an hour and while running other programs, you get better results) I have no errors. Any more suggestions or help? One of my friends said something about my graphics card not being compatible with my computer set up because it's PCI or something. Like I said, I'm not very computer smart. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on 'Computer' then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-summary' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home sub-folder and then reports sub-folder and click on the report which will open it in a text editor and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the debug stuff at the bottom of the report and delete it and then save that file again and then copy and paste it to here.

:)

Thanks for the tip. Here is the file Everest generated, I've attached it. I hope this helps and that you guys can tell me what to do to fix my problem.

Also, not sure if this will help but just today while playing Battlefield 2 again, I got a BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD with this:

*** STOP: 0x000000C2 (0x00000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x00010014, 0x855433B8)

I appreciate any help I can get, thanks everyone.

Attachments

• Report1.txt
    32 KB · Views: 8
I went into Device Manager and checked for updates for the Nvidia Network Controller but it said it was up to date. There are no other options under Network Adapters besides the Nvidia Network Controller. Not sure if that helps or not. Anything else I can/should try?

I also am getting this link from Windows after recovering from the errors upon restart.
http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/....2.0?SGD=89854ff7-4265-4c8b-85d9-845cc9135b21

"Problem Caused By Device Driver"

Hmmmm now if only I knew where and how to fix this problem lol

Just got another BSOD, Bad Pool Caller again, ugh...PLEASE HELP ME!! =(

You need to revert back to an earlier driver for that controller... Do a Google search for "Nvidia controller drivers"... I would never buy a motherboard SLI or anything with Nvidia chips. They just suck, and give us major headaches

Did you actually READ the report you generated:

"PCI_EXPRESS.DDR3...R480 DVI DVI VIVO BI ... YOU HAVE NOT CONNECTED THE POWER CABLE TO YOUR VIDEO CARD.PLEASE REFER TO THE 'GETTING STARTED GUIDE' FOR PROPER HARDWARE INSTALLATION....(C) 1988-2003, ATI Technologies Inc."

Yes I've read that but what does that mean and how do I go about fixing it?

btw I sorted the dumps by last modified and here are the 5 most recent ones attached...hope it helps

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Geeze CCT I missed that! Could this hassle be just that simple to fix? Let's hope so... Thanks

Four of the dumps crash at the Nvidia Firewall. This is a known problem. Uninstall the Nvidia Firewall and replace it with one of the free software Firewalls.

As for the power cable for the video card, the info from Everest is just what's in the video card's BIOS. You'll only see that message if the power cable isn't in place when you turn the computer on. Your video card won't let you boot without the power cable connected.

BugCheck C2, {40, 0, 80000000, 0}
Probably caused by : NVTcp.sys ( NVTcp+2374 ) <-- Nvidia Firewall.
aac4b000 aac62e00 NVTcp NVTcp.sys Fri Dec 17 12:14:19 2004 (41C24F0B)

^ that's good news -I have never seen that in the Everest display before -learn something new every day.

So basically I just have to uninstall the Nvidia Firewall? Any suggestions for good, free firewall to use besides the Windows Firewall? Thanks so much for all your help guys, I really appreciate it.

Well like I stated earlier, I already have Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, AntiVir but thank you for additional programs that can be of use.

I'm still having problems...My computer has frozen out of nowhere numerous times lately. I also have NO IDEA how to uninstall my Nvidia Firewall. It's not listed in Add/Remove Programs but "Nvidia Drivers" and "Nvidia Forceware Network Access Manager" is. I tried "rolling back" my Nvidia Network Controller but since there is nothing to roll back to, no luck. I turned the firewall off but I'm still having issues. Here is my attached HijackThis report to see if maybe that helps? Also an error I got last night was this:

NVTcp.sys Address AE75D0A7 base at AE759000, Datestamp 41c24f0b

=(

UM - Step 2 of that link from this site mentions 3 Firewall programs (1 at least is free) which is what you asked about.

Read the responses, please.

As to removing the Nvidia Firewall - add/remove programs -> Nvidia Forceware Network Access Manager.

Ok I uninstalled that. I went to some site that scans your computer for free for all your drivers and if you have good/bad ones. It said all my Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controllers were bad and that so was my Radeon X850 display driver and my Nvidia PCI System Management. So I went into Device Manager, right clicked 'Update Driver' on all of them, all said there were no updates and that they were up to date. Tried going to manufacturers sites but no luck. Any advice? Thanks a lot.

attached latest HijackThis report, dont know if that helps or not

Hi,

I've helped you check your log. Its more or less clean, just fix the following entries:

O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {88D758A3-D33B-45FD-91E3-67749B4057FA} - http://dm.screensavers.com/dm/installers/si/1/sinstaller.cab

(note: I wouldn't go back to that screensavers.com site as it installs adware and possibly other nasties on your system)

Of course, if you feel you need a more thorough check, feel free to open a new thread in our security and the web forum and post a ComboFix and AVG Antispyware log.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back