BSOD help...here's my .dmp files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to the forum but I have seen lots of great help to others through this board so I thought I would give it a try after much hair pulling.

I have switched memory sticks to alternate slots. I upgraded to a 450w power supply. I have cleaned everything. I bought a new HD and started with a clean windows install and I am still getting random PC restarts. I also ran two different memory tests and both passed with zero errors.

My usual event log descriptions are these:

1. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbf83634b, 0xb8ed4bfc, 0x00000000)

2. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0x8d02e6a7, 0x00000000, 0xb890558e, 0x00000000).

3.The bugcheck was: 0x00000024 (0x001902fe, 0xb9a25e54, 0xb9a25b50, 0xf773a84f).

Here's my last 4 .dmp files...

Thanks for any help! :D

Attachments

• last 4 dmps.zip
    89.6 KB · Views: 16
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You problem is caused by your Symantec/Norton security product.

Sometimes turning off the live update can solve these problems.

You could always try using a different security product.

The free AVG antvirus programme is very good, as is the free Sygate firewall.

You can get these two programmes from HERE and HERE respectively.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thx for the quick response!

Wow that was fast! So every .dmp file points to the same problem (Norton)?

Like I mentioned, I started from scratch with a completely new drive and fresh XP install. I only installed Norton back on the new drive a couple of weeks ago and I swear I had crashes before installing NAV, but I am willing to give anything a try at this point. I am going to disable LiveUpdate...and if I crash, I will uninstall completely and see what happens. I'll monitor this and update this thread over the next few weeks. Thanks again for all your help! I hope my problem is this simple of a solution

One minidump crashes at win32k.sys. This is the Multi-User Win32 Driver.
This can be caused by many different things.

One crashes at SAVRT.SYS. This is the Symantec AntiVirus AutoProtect.

One crashes at Ntfs.sys, but points to SYMEVENT.SYS which is the Symantec Event Library.

One crashes with win32k.sys, but points to a host of other drivers, many of which are Symantec based, and quite a lot that are your soundcard drivers, as well as others. I am particularly concerned about this one.

I still think that Symantec/Norton is the main culprit, but from futher investigation, there maybe another problem, that I`m not sure about.

I am going to ask my colleague to take a look at your dump files, and give his opinion.

In the meantime I do suggest that you uninstall your symantec/Norton security product, and install the two programme I linked you to above.

Regards Howard :)

2 more crashes since...

turning off NAV LiveUpdate last night. One was about 2 hours after I last posted. The other was while no one was at the computer during the night. I am going to uninstall NAV all together and see what happens.

I don't have Emule installed....I don't even know what that is...hehe.

Here's the two .dmp files from last night.

Attachments

• 2 more dmps.zip
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Both your minidumps crash at win32k.sys, with a bugcheck of 08e.

According to Microsoft these are nearly always caused by a hardware compatibility issues.

It is suggested that doing a bios update may resolve this issue.

Once you have uninstalled NAV and installed another security product, see how it goes.

If you still have BSOD`s then, try a Bios update.

Also try running your system with just one stick of ram. If you still get bsod`s swap the stick of ram for the other one.

Regards Howard :) :)

Crashed to desktop

I have a related problem and get CTD when playing games. Sometimes it takes and hour or so, maybe two. It happens at least with 2 games. Se the attached .dmp files. The machine makes an error message after starting up, and it contains 2 file names. Det first one containing a file like this:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini120205-01.dmp
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini120205-02.dmp
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini120205-03.dmp

etc.
The other one I can't remember but it seems to be the same ones every time. I have just turned off LiveUpdate on NAV but haven't tried to play the games after that. What is actually happening in one game is that the frame rate are dropping after the first round of playing and seems to slow down, very slowly until a CTD occur after 1,5 hours or so.

Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back