Bsod Help Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I keep getting random blue screens, its not at any paticular sequence, just random times of the day. Its really starting to annoy me, and i dont want my computer stuffing up, so if anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated, just tell me what information i need to provide u with.

Thanks, Josh

Go to your Event Viewer (Start>Control Panel>Administrative tools>Event Viewer) and search the "System" logs for any "System Errors" or "BugChecks". Double click on the entries and post the following:

EVENT ID
SOURCE
DESCRIPTION

Event Id: 11
Source: Disk
Description: The Driver detected a controller error on /device/harddisk0/D

Event Id: 2505
Source: Server
Description: The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{D53CFCBC-643B-4F7B-B649-0D10FA5B7B18} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.

Event Id: 9
Source: Atapi
Description: The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period.

Event Id: 2505
Source: Server
Description: The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{D53CFCBC-643B-4F7B-B649-0D10FA5B7B18} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.

Event Id: 4321
Source: NetBt
Description: The name "HP-LAPTOP :20" could not be registered on the Interface with IP address 169.254.196.132. The machine with the IP address 169.254.168.212 did not allow the name to be claimed by this machine.

event Id: 11
Source: Disk
Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\D.

Event Id: 9
Source: Atapi
Description: The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period.

Event Id: 7036
Source: Service Control Manager
Description: The Ati HotKey Poller service entered the stopped state.

Event Id: 4311
Source: NetBt
Description: Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created.

Event Id: 1003
Source: System Error
Description: Error code 1000008e, parameter1 80000004, parameter2 804d9fc0, parameter3 f6b048c0, parameter4 00000000.

Event id: 1001
Source: Dhcp
Description: Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 000BCD5A2084. The following error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Event Id: 1
Source: SR
Description: The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC0000102' while processing the file '_filelst.cfg' on the volume 'HarddiskVolume1'. It has stopped monitoring the volume.

Thats all of em, If u could help it would be much appreciated
Thanks,
Josh

random errors are often caused by failing RAM and/or a failing PSU.
check both. RAM should be tested with memtest 86+ for at least 7 passes. PSUs must be tested with a psu tester and/or multi-meter.

In the meantime run crap cleaner registry repair.

Error code 1000008e = "KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M" - Most of newsgroup comments about this error point to faulty hardware or drivers. The hardware varies from modems, video cards, USB device to memory or sound cards. Sometimes it proves to be hardware that it is not compatible with Windows XP. M310740 gives an example of this error occuring when and old Audigy sound card driver is installed.

This is what blue screen you are recieving (IE: The system Error).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back