Status
Not open for further replies.

arialph

I have a laptop(asus m5n)
Specs:
pentium m 1.5 ghz
40g disk space
248 ram

My problem is that sometimes when my windows xp starts up, bsod suddenly appears. And often times when I'm playing games, my laptop suddenly freezes and the screen is all black.

What do I have to do? Is this hardware failure?

2 of your minidumps are crashing at SAVRT.SYS. This is your Symantec AntiVirus AutoProtect. Sometimes, turning off the live update can resolve this crash. If that doesn`t help, try using a different security product, such as the free AVG antivirus programme from HERE and the free Sygate personal firewall from HERE

If you choose to do this. Download the above 2 programmes, then disconnect from the internet. Uninstall your Symantec software from add remove programmes, and reboot your system. You may need to remove several pieces of Symantec from add remove programmes, rebooting after each uninstall. Once you`ve got rid of Symantec, install the Sygate firewall first, followed by the AVG programme. Now reconnect to the internet, and run the AVG updates.

The other minidump crashes at Gv3.sys. This is the Microsoft Corporation Processor Device Driver.

Look HERE for more info, and solutions.

Regards Howard :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back