BSOD in Win XP

By Bronzephoenix
Sep 12, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

If anyone can help me solve the cause of this Blue sceen of death i will be very grateful

I have been unable to find any information regarding this stop code on the web

BugCheck F4, {3, 86200608, 8620077c, 80605666}

from what i understand from the dump files the problem appears to be csrss.exe

Machine has had operating system reinstalled but this failed to solve the problem.

I have attached last couple of memory dumps in hope someone can make more sense of them then i can
  2. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

While you await an answer (I don't do bugchecks) you should download and run a Ram tester.
  3. woody1191

woody1191 Newcomer, in training Posts: 638

4 of those Minidumps cite "hardware_disk" as the Probable cause, now the most common guess would be to test the HDD itself use a HDD Diagnostic Tool either the 1 made by your HDD Manufacturer or any other HDD Make like Hitachi or WD which are both Good HDD Diagnostic Tools.

But while anaylising the MiniDumps it mentions a I/O Error in them so I would also check the Wires connecting to the HDD as well as running Chkdsk.

But I'm not very optimistic about the I/O Error Code (0xc000000e) because that means it can't read the HDD Properly meaning you may be sending it to the Computer Graveyard and having to get a new HDD.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.