BSOD Invalid_work_queue_item

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha1solo

Hello all,

I have a Dell latitude 430 with 1.5 GIG Ram that has received several BSOD with the above message in the past several days. No changes to hardware or software that I can see. I have run extensive Dell diagnostics tests and Dell claims it is software related. I stumbled on your article below

techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-34740-BSOD--bad-ram--please-help.html

I am going to run the Memtest86 as suggested, but as the Dell Ram test passed, I am writing this simultaneously to see if someone can help me analyse the crash dumps. I have already reseated the 512 mem and the 1GB is non removable on this model. I have run a chkdsk /f on the 80 gig 2.5 HD, checked for non-standard or newly installed SW, removed all temp files, and defragged the box. I have tried setting up the crashdmp utility on my pc, but have not been able to successfully read the contents of the dumps.

Can someone please assist?

Thank you,

Alpha1solo

Question, does this PC have a Media Card installed that you use to transfer didgital media to your PC, particularly SD?

Yes it does

It does in fact have an SD card that a used for the first time shortly before this PC began misbehaving.

Have you recently updated any of your drivers?

I've seen this occur when a device driver update has been obtained through windows update

Hey snowchick three minidumps are 0x96 and they only cite a Windows driver, nothing else specific but it is definitely driver related.

The other two errors are oxA and both gave a very long list of drivers unable to load. In both the Windows driver sdbus.sys was cited as the problem, thus my inquiry about the Media Card, particularly SD.

Possibility: Drivers are corrupted as you suggest OR the SD Card has gone bad.

I tried to read an SD card from his PC about a week or so ago, but was having issues with it even recognizing the hardware being installed correctly in the PC. I can try to disable the device in Dev Mgr Monday AM and see what happens. I will post as soon as I am able to do so. Thank you.

I tried to read an SD card from his PC about a week or so ago, but was having issues with it even recognizing the hardware being installed correctly in the PC. I can try to disable the device in Dev Mgr Monday AM and see what happens. I will post as soon as I am able to do so. Thank you.

Yes, please let us know. It sounds like your Dell system and the SD media card are having issues.

Okay, I now have the laptop back in front of me. I have checked and the device appears to be working now so if memory serves, I did try to update the driver when I tried to use it last time. The device is using a Microsoft driver so windows update may have pulled it down

sdbus.sys is the driver version 6.0.4069.5512

My end user does not need to use the device so I have now disabled it and will give it to the user to see if this clears up the issues.

Resolved

Yes, please let us know. It sounds like your Dell system and the SD media card are having issues.

Route44, Thank you for your assistance. I am going to call this resolved at this point as I have been banging away on the PC for 2 days solid without incident. Excellent forum you guys! Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back