TechSpot

Bsod irql problem

By Zacholt
Jul 21, 2008
  1. hey guys, i need help..... i recently bought a custom built pc and i have noticed that i keep getting alot of BSOD's.
    it says IRQL not less or equal.
    please could somebody help i have attached my minidumps
    thanks Zac

i am running windows vista ultimate 64 bit
    Q6600 Quad Core
    4gb Ram
    Nvidia 8600 GT super + 1GB
    500GB SATA HDD

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Inside the 5 MiniDumps:
    Confirm all Windows Security Updates have been completed

Also confirm all System Drivers are up to date for your Motherboard (or computer manufacture)

And run Memtest for at least 7 passes (~4Hrs) for a thorough test of your Ram

3. Zacholt

Zacholt TS Rookie Topic Starter

All updates are already installed bar the optional language updates, which motherboard drivers the only drivers that are installed when loading the disk are the nvidia chipset and also the audio. will memtest work with 64 bit? Thanks Zac

also i usually get these errors while installing programs and doing other tasks at the same time

4. kimsland

Please run Checkdisk on your HardDrive.

Also which AntiVirus software and Firewall do you use?

5. Zacholt

Zacholt TS Rookie Topic Starter

it has just gone worse, i was installing newer drivers and after reboot windows would not load. i have been using norton 360 but have changed to my personal favourite, mcaffe. when i run chkdsk the window closes shortly after showing results. therefore i am unable to see my results

i have reformatted the computer but my guess is that it will happen again

6. kimsland

Well formatting will fix any software fault in Windows :)

If the fault re-occurs, you might want to run a Drive Diagnostic disk on your internal HardDrive.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.