BSOD IRQL_NOT LESS_OR_EQUAL this cured me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never had this problem with my computer it always ran well. Last week I installed a game and then boom; every time I ran the game I would get the BSOD IRQL_NOT LESS_OR_EQUAL and my computer would reboot.

I read some posts on this site that pointed me in the right direction, got me thinking, looking, and trying different settings, so I want to make a post and maybe it will help others.

I went into my system BIOS looking specifically at settings related to memory. I tried different settings for my memory. I would try only one setting change at a time then reboot and run the game again. If I had the problem again I would go back to the BIOS, put the changed setting back to the previous set and try another change. The setting that cured my BSOD IRQL_NOT LESS_OR_EQUAL was one called FLEXIBILITY OPTION; I had it enabled. I set it to disabled and have not had the problem since.

Thanks for the info man. I had a friend when he was running WoW had some rank blue screens. Maybe I'll look for that option next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back