Bsod issue with new hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i have recently installed a new vga (sapphire radeon hd 3650 agp) in my system: asus a7v600, amd athlon xp barton 1.9 ghz, 1gb ram ddr2 512mb, 550 watt power supply. windows is stable while doing normal application like navigation on the net or watch films.. the problem start in gaming session.. the system get a bsod... not always for example... in the game Oblivion it only crash when the game is on the external part.. while loading all the trees/grass distant lands ecc.. while inside gameplay is just perfect and never ever got a bsod!
But the strange thing come now.. i searched for much time a solution and i find out that by Downcloccking the cpu from 1.9 ghz to 1.8 ghz with the multiplier ( so i dont change anything else only cpu clock) the game runs fine! and i really dont get how this is possibile.. the heat is good never goes past 55c in full load, and the game crashes right after 5 secs all because of 100 mhz? if someone has some idea i would really appreciate ^^ thx for your help.

I'm guessing its a power supply issue. Running that card at load might stress the system a little resulting in a bsod, but post your psu specs. We'll go from there.

Hi, Psu specs: 550 watt 2 rails +12v 18/16v, +5v 40a , +3.3v 35a. Thx for your reply =)
p.s the Psu is new installed it with the vga.

your 12v rails just barely make the system requirement list to run this card at minimum stress levels. These line of cards are energy hogs.

well.. maybe if i put high resolution high details and everything and the system crash.. that is a psu issue with the vga.. but if my system run fine with 1.8 ghz and when i put 1.9 ghz i get a bsod.. i dont think its a problem with the vga.. and my cpu drain 80 watt at max...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back