My PC specs are,
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400
Samsung 400GB 7200rpm
ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9 BIOS v14
Corsair HX-620HX 620W EPS Modular Power Supply
Crucial 4-4-4 EPP PC2-6400 Ballistix 2gb Kit
ECS 8600GTS 256MB Now Inno3d 8800 gts 320mb

Info
I tried to clock the CPU fsb once but theres a problem with the FP-IN9 bios v14 with the E4400, and even if you change the FSB by 1 it won't post. I don't think it damages anything since it doesn't post when it does this (I hope not anyway haha).
At the moment everything is at its stock speed.
PC is about 2 months old, but has done hardly done any work.
Stock intel cpu cooler so it is blowing air down to the northbridge.
Windows XP Professional Service pack 2.
Video, Bios drivers, and latest Direct x 9c.
I sent back the 500g hdd that came with the computer because it was very noisy, i bought a 400g samsung and its a little loud but not that bad.
When the computer arrived the motherboard wasn't screwed in, I dealt with the company and I fixed up the computer. I got extended warranty on the MB and got my 8600gts replaced with an 8800gts.

The Errors,
0x8e
0x0a
0xd1
0x50
The errors have been from 162.18 nvidia drivers, ntkrpamp.exe, win32k.sys, memory corruption, hardware(realtek onboard audio), explorer.exe, system.exe. I don't have access to my mini dumps at the moment.

What i have tried,
I have tried using a different ram stick.
I have the abit MB program running always monitering volts and temps i never get an alert that there overheating.
I have reformated the hdd and installed Windows XP SP2 with an offical disk and installed minimal drivers.
Ran memtest, 25 passes no errors.
Read through the BSOD crashes to try and pinpoint the problem but it seems so random.
I ran a Hotcpu test for 6 hours and it had no errors for my CPU.

The Programs,
My first crashes were with World of Warcraft, first the game crashed and the sound stopped. I restarted the computer and the sound worked I played the game again and I got a BSOD, and when the computer restarted and windows tried to boot i got another BSOD.
Warcraft 3 crashes often with "memory could not be 'read'" but never had a BSOD when playing.

The story.
I had errors from the start and there was a problem with the computer when it turned up so I got a free upgrade from an 8600 to an 8800 since I thought it was that causing the errors. I changed the 8600 to an 8800 then my motherboard wouldn't boot and the error was that Dram wasn't inserted properly. When I correctly inserted the ram it would start to boot windows but then instantly BSOD. When i took 1 ram stick out it would boot fine. Because the computer crashed so bad with the 2 sticks of ram i sent the ram back to the company to get replacements. So I borrowed a 1g stick of ram (that worked perfectly before now) and put it in my computer (Note: The new ram was 667mhz and i didn't reset my bios before putting it in, i did however check the bios before it booted and checked that the setting was at 667mhz which it already was). It didn't take long and it started BSOD'ing again. I have ran memtest on this ram and i got 25 pass no errors, so i reinstalled Windows Xp pro SP2 with an official disk and only installed the drivers I needed for the computer to run and again I got another BSOD. So I'm thinking that my MB's faulty rather than my ram. But, Could a faulty HDD cause these problems?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

One of you minidumps crashes with memory corruption. The other crashes at win32k.sys and is not the culprit.

MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: LARGE

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE

BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE

Followup: memory_corruption

Test your ram as per the instructions HERE.

You might also want to take a look at this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Im back after some more testing.

I ran memtest 1.70 and I got 7 passes no fails, So I put the ram into another computer and it hasn't had any problems.

Can memory corruptions come from Cpu Cache, Hdd Cache, Hdd's, Graphics card ram? I don't think it could be the graphics card though, since I've had this problem with 2 different cards. Could a faulty motherboard cause these problems?

Yes, memory corruption can be caused by mixed ram, faulty ram, cache memory of CPU, unstable power supply or overheat. Some faulty ram can pass ram test. Make sure that your CPU is not overheated, overclock the ram and the PSU provides stable electric power supply.

cpc2004 said:
Yes, memory corruption can be caused by mixed ram, faulty ram, cache memory of CPU, unstable power supply or overheat. Some faulty ram can pass ram test.
I did read that faulty ram can past memtest, but it shouldn't play up when put into another computer?
Does memtest check your CPU cache and Graphics card ram?
cpc2004 said:
Make sure that your CPU is not overheated, overclock the ram and the PSU provides stable electric power supply.
I have the abit motherboard program running that monitors temps/fan speeds/voltages and if any of those go above the threshold it will cause an alarm, and with all the crashes its never made a sound.

Also the original hdd was extremely noisy, and when I tried to format it it made horrible grinding metal sounds :dead:. So I sent that one back and got one from a local store and it is also loud (but no were near as loud as the other one), could my motherboard cause this? I know thats kinda weird but I'm trying to find out if I just got unlucky twice or if something else is causing the problem. The exact same hdd is in my brothers computer but I can't hear a thing from his, but his fans are alot noisier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back