BSOD: Lots of random crashes (0xc0000005\0x00000000\0x1000008e)

amraf2001

Hello
Thanks for reading this and hopefully pointing me in the right direction
I have attached my:
Mini Dump files
Hijackthis
Driverlist
System info
And a few other useful log files that I have put together that I hope will help

For a Few months now My Computer has been rebooting due to a System error (blue screen of death) At first I was running Windows XP – I ran Memtest and updated all my drivers and ran scandisk everything passed and the updates did not help. I was running out of disk space so this week I bought myself a new 2bt hard disk, when I was in the shop I noticed that they were selling Windows 7 home ultimate at a discount – So I bought it (I had already ran the compatibility tool on my PC so I know the hardware would be supported) only to find that my Blue Screens of death followed me to Windows 7 on my bran new hard drive.
I have read a few posts on the Internet where my error codes point to a bad driver or a memory issue.
So on my new install of Windows 7I have updated all my drivers from the manufactures websites for everything (graphics,Lan,Audio,Motherboard,IDE,etc)
I ran Memtest+86 for 16 hours (allows 6 passes) Memtest did not report any issues with the memory
Even though my Windows 7 install is less than 24hours old I have ran sfc.exe \scannow and ran scandisk to ensure my Hard disk is ok. I read on another form that Adobe flash player “enable hardware acceleration” could be an issue, so I have disabled it.
There is no logic to when my PC gives a Blue screen, seems random, I could open a document – crash – then the same document will work fine.
I am thinking that's it's got to a hardware issue, but I am not sure what hardware is the issue
Thank you for your time and your help

Since Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

N68-s

Hello
Thanks for getting back to me
I have read my motherboard book but it does not say anything about voltages
Just been reading the ASrock (N68-S) website and there is nothing what I can see on there (maybe I am just been blind). I have looked at my memory and there is nothing on the memory it self. Where could I find this info
Thanks

We want you to do a search and download a nifty little utility called SIW. It is free and safe. When you install it to your desktop double click it and a screen will pop up with a smaller one on your left and a larger one on your right.

The one on your left will have a number of icons for your system. Go to thardware one, look for your memory and click that one on. Now in the right side the memory information will be given: make and type. Please give us this information.

Also, please link us to your motherboard.

memory info

Hello
please find attached the memory info
my motherboard is ASrock N68-S - here is the link

asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?model=n68-s

Attachments

• memory.png
    memory.png
    192.3 KB · Views: 1
Hello
I ran the Windows 7 Memory diagnostics tool and both memory sticks passed. Today I removed the OCZ stick and I have had a few BSOD (I have attached the mini dumps). Could it be my CPU that is the issue I ran a system Stress Test With Prime95 the other day and this is what I got. But I dont want to go out and spend lots of cash on a new CPU and find that my issue is nit fixed

[Nov 2 21:37] Worker starting
[Nov 2 21:37] Setting affinity to run worker on logical CPU #2
[Nov 2 21:37] Beginning a continuous self-test to check your computer.
[Nov 2 21:37] Please read stress.txt. Choose Test/Stop to end this test.
[Nov 2 21:37] Test 1, 180000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M580673 using AMD K8 type-1 FFT length 28K, Pass1=112, Pass2=256.

[Nov 2 21:37] Setting affinity to run worker on logical CPU #1
[Nov 2 21:37] Test 1, 180000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M580673 using AMD K8 type-1 FFT length 28K, Pass1=112, Pass2=256.
[Nov 2 21:37] FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
[Nov 2 21:37] Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
[Nov 2 21:37] Torture Test completed 0 tests in 0 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
[Nov 2 21:37] Worker stopped.

[Nov 2 21:37] Setting affinity to run worker on logical CPU #2
[Nov 2 21:39] FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4682617188, expected less than 0.4
[Nov 2 21:39] Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
[Nov 2 21:39] Torture Test completed 0 tests in 1 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
[Nov 2 21:39] Worker stopped.

Attachments

• 110511-35568-01.dmp
    153.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 110511-29452-01.dmp
    155.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 110511-32401-01.dmp
    155.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 110511-34429-01.dmp
    148.1 KB · Views: 1
CPUs, though they have been known to fail on occasion, are also known as the most reliable of all hardware components. I am not saying your cpu isn't faulty but Prime 95 does put stress on a cpu and in doing so will increase the heat significantly and heat can cause malfunctions such as shut-downs or error reads. How is the heatsink doing and is your cpu and heatsink properly set?

As for your errors here is what is reported:

Two are 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers but they can also be caused by faulty or mismatched memory. Nothing definitive was cited.

One error is 0xA and these also can be caused by faulty memory or hardware. Again, nothing was definitively cited.

The final error is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware though sometimes they can be caused by errors. In this case the AVG driver avgidsdriver.sys was cited as the cause of your issues.

Hello
Thank you for your help
My CPU and the heat sink,both seem fine.
I am thinking that I need to replace my Motherboard, CPU maybe memory
I have tried to use 1 memory stick at a time, and I get random bluescreens

Not a 100% sure on what to replace to resolve my issues - I thought getting a new HD and installing windows 7 admd updateing all my drivers would help - But it did not help :-(

Attach your most recent dumps in one Zip file. The Manage Attachments button will give you this option.

Hello
Please find attached yesterdays mini dumps in a Zip file I have only uploaded the last 7.
I am now running Core Temp to keep an eye on my CPU temperature (currently core 1 is at 50C with 7% of the load and core 2 is at 47C with 39% of the load)

Attachments

• Minidump2.zip
    186.4 KB · Views: 1
I read five of the 7 most recently dated/timed files. Four errors were present: 0x50, 0x24 (twice), 0x116, and 0x8E.

The 0x116 are caused by faulty video card drivers and this file cited the Nvidia driver nvlddmkm.sys as the culprit.

One of the 0x24 errors cited the AVG driver avgidsfilter.sys as the culprit.

* It could be these two are not getting along. Nothing definitive was cited in the rest.

Hello
I have removed the sides of my computer. My CPU is running at around 50C.I have a blue screen and the CPU and the core temp was running (See below). I been doing some research on my errors as well and its been suggested that I need to alter my CPU and memory voltage on my motherboard in the BIOS.
I am going to remove AVG and try another free AVG to see if that helps. Strangely I have only had two BSOD today.

Attachments

• CPUTemp.txt
    985 bytes · Views: 1
Did you do anything to change your voltages prior? Is anything overclocked?

If no to question one then I suggest testing the power supply with a digital multimeter.

If yes to the second question then I suggest setting the voltages to the manufacture's specs.

Hello
My PSU is ok
And today I have had no BSOD - Since I took the sides of my PC
Also looking into a free AV

Avast is very good. It appears that your issue was with air flow and heat. Heat will shut a system down fast.

Back