BSOD: Machine check exception

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I bought this PC about 1 1/2 year ago and never had any problems with it until recently.

I started having blue screen whenever I was playing games (mostly Guildwars and World of Warcraft). I got blue screens only once I played the game for a long time. But now I get the blue screen more and more often, even when I'm just surfing on the web. I can't do anything with it anymore. It boots in Windows and it can stay on for a long time but as soon as I start doing something like surfing the web, burning a cd or playing a game, I get the Machine check exception error. Its always the same error and comes up pretty much randomly, sometimes its at start up, sometimes it takes a while.

Pentium D Dual Core 3.2 Ghz
Asus P5N32-Sli Deluxe Mobo
1Gb DDR 2 Ram
NVidia GeForce 6800GS
560W Thermaltake PSU
Windows XP SP2 Home edition

I tried all of these things:

- All my fans (3 fans + Cpu fan + Video card fan + 2 PSU fans) are working.
- Temperature is ok, even tried putting a regular home fan as close as possible to the video card to get lower temperature and still got the error.
- Ran Memtest for about 2 hours and rams are ok, even tried different rams and still got the error.
- Checked for errors on my HD and found none.
- Installed all the latest drivers but it didnt work. Then I reformated my HD.

I noticed one bad capacitor on my mobo right next to my CPU. Maybe that might be the problem?

I am new with this but I got someone helping me. Do you guys have an idea on what I can do next to fix this damn error!

If you can see one bad capacitor then the chances are that others are going bad too but have not shown it yet.
Best bet is to replace the board - unusual for Asus to do this so try a warranty claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back