TechSpot

BSOD - Machine_Check_Exception

By pkroks
Oct 28, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well this just sucks! I was busy burning a DVD+R with my NEC 3520A. when my computer froze for about 4secs and then went to those blue screens we all hate..

I think that the error has to do with my burner because before i got it to burn Nero and windows kept reading the DVD+R as a blank CD. So i went into Nero 6.0.0.16 and went to configure. I selected Enable all recorder formats (because it wasn't reading the dvd).. I started the burn, i think it got about 50% done and then caused the BSOD. I am not sure but thats what i think.. I was using Dysan DVD+R 4.7Gb (1-2.4x) discs.. I have burned other dvds before i just dono why it would do this.

Oh also when i went to start the burn i get a message that says nero has a known compatibility issue with this version of windows? I am running windows xp home edition v5.1.2600 with sp2 (oem).

When the BSOD came up i recorded what it said...
    the error or whatever was called " Machine_Check_Exception "

and at the end of the BSOD it had the following numbers...
    Stop 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x8054D5F0, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

the wierd thing is when i started windows i got no fatal error recovery msg or anything like that...

anyone know what i should do? i cant find where the minidumps were because no fatal error msg came up... please help me
  2. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Rookie Posts: 2,044

3. pkroks

pkroks TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 376

i seriously doubt its my video card, I have had it for over a month and have been playing games like HL2, BF2, CS Source, DoD Source, Farcy etc. No problems watsoever. I haven't had it again. i think i should go and download the newest nero or something. On that other thread there was a link and it said the problem could be caused by unstable power and other stuff... maybe i will try that.. thanks anyway
  4. cpc2004

5. cpc2004

Hi,

Do you enable hyper threading? If yes, disable hyper threading or upgrade microsoft hyper threading hot fixes.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.