BSOD many times

Hello there!!!

I cannot remember how many times I got bsod from different message like PAGE_FAULT something like that. This time, I got ntfs.sys causing of bsod now. I run memtest and after 2-3 minutes of running, I got 4 errors and 0 passes. Do you think this is 100% memory fault? Or there is some faulty hardware involve on ntfs.sys error?

By the way, I have XP Pro Sp2 OS.

Thank you in advance....

Any errors with Memtest and you have corrupted memory that needs to be replaced.

Also, we here at TechSpot strongly recommend all XP users to install Service Pack 3 for security and stability.

Thank you very much for the rapid reply and I guess I need to buy new one. I will upgrade my sp2 to sp3.

Thank you again.

Hi there!

Just now before making this reply, I got bsod again with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" is it related on faulty ram also?

Thank you...

Faulty RAM will cause all kinds of errors. "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" is an 0xA error and they can be caused by faulty hardware and RAM can certainly be one of the causes.

After I had removed my old ram, and replaced one (not new) from friend to try out , and see if I will getting the BSOD again, but fortunately until now, I still did not experienced any BSOD.

Thank you Ruote44.

Back