Bsod maybe videocard not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

asutch

well still getting random bsod mainly gaming tested ram and cpu np.twice ive gotten bsod saying something like video error.heres latest mini dump please debug thx.
asus p5q pro
intel e8400 dual core
2/2 gig dominator
2/300g raptor raid o
xfi platinum
750 w pc power cooling
antec 1200

Both errors are 0x109: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption.

Cause
There are generally three different causes for this bug check:

A driver has inadvertently, or deliberately, modified critical kernel code or data. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) and later versions of Windows for x64-based computers do not allow the kernel to be patched except through authorized Microsoft-originated hot patches.

A developer attempted to set a normal kernel breakpoint using a kernel debugger that was not attached when the system was started. Normal breakpoints (bp) can only be set if the debugger is attached at start time. Processor breakpoints (ba) can be set at any time.

A hardware corruption occurred. For example, the kernel code or data could have been stored in memory that failed.

* Nothing definitive has been cited in either dump as the cause. So...

1. Run Memtest on your RAM. See link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html Please do us a favor and make sure you run it a minimum of 7 Passes.

2. Update your video card drivers.

could ie be a voltage issue with the ram its on auto right now might be to low ?

Yes, this can be a possibility. Lately we have seen quite a few memory issues relating not to corrupted memory but to wrong volatge settings. Find out the stock voltage setting for your RAM per manufacturer and then check to see if the BIOS auto setting has it set as so. If not set the voltage to the recommended setting.

ram volts

i cant seem to figure out how to ck or change dram volts.i change the main setting to manual but only a few things are able to be changed dram volts not one of them

i cant seem to figure out how to ck or change dram volts.i change the main setting to manual but only a few things are able to be changed dram volts not one of them

What is the make and model of your motherboard?

Sorry about asking what motherboard you have because you listed it in your first post. Before we go through the BIOS looking for voltage settings I have two questions:

1. Is your memory one of the recommended by Asus for your motherboard? Asus, while making great boards, is also quite well known about being very picky about the RAM to be used on each and every motherboard model they make.

2, Have you updated your video drivers?

the memory is listed as compatible with my p5q pro its corsiar dominator cm2x2048-8500c5d
volts should be 2.1 i believe dont know what it is though.and yes my vid drivers are cat 9.4
lastest drivers ati has to offer.also it has done this with all versions prior to this driver.at least 4
updates.from day one of build.

Hope it is ok that I am jumping in here.

I would suspect this issue is a result of a 64bit kernel patching. Vista-64 and later do not allow kernel patching. If you keep getting the same bugcheck ( CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION ) it does means some driver on your system try to patch/hook the kernel. memory problems are very random and very rare to crash always on the same issue.

First , I will suggest you to try and verify which are the latest security or low level applications you have installed before the problem starts. try remove them and verify if you still getting the same issue.

The other way around is somthing that is not familiar in this forum and include creating a kernel dump instead of only a mini-dump. a kernel dump will dump not only the current faulty thread and its active stack but the rest of the kernel as well.

If I had a kernel dump to look at, I could analyze your kernel image and see who patched your kernel. one more problem, kernel dumps are much larger from a minidumps and mostly take around 100-200MB uncompressed. so the other question is how to upload them.

I do not want to start somthing others are not welcoming so if others do see kernel dumps helpful here, I can create a short explaination on how to create a kernel dump and what are the benfits from them.

Anyway, try removing the latest applications you installed just before the problem starts.

Good luck,
EZ123

theres the problem it doesnt say what the volts are and even when i set the section
where you would change these things to manual the dram wont change from auto.must be something else i have to set to manual but i dont know what.and i dont
know how else to se what the volts are.

ez123 it is always the same error ive up dated every driver in the thing it hasnt bsod
all week have used it with the same apps the bsod it before been all different thing though games while on the net one time while backing up the comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back