BSOD Minidump attatched

Status
Not open for further replies.

maXimus4444

Hello,
I am trying to figure out why this machine keeps crashing but I can't figure it out. Here is the specs:

CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2400 MHz (12 x 200) 3800+
Motherboard Name Asus A8N-E
Ram 2 x 1 Gig Kingston PC3200
Graphics GeForce 6600 PCI-e 256 MB
OS Windows XP Pro 2002 SP2

Minidumps are showing a general unstable system... as you already know. I would start by looking for some different Gforce drivers. We have seen many unstable XP systems using Gforce cards

I updated the Geforce driver. So far so good.

The Machine had been crashing running an old Flight Sim from Microsoft. I was running Spybot S&D, and in the middle of the test it crashed which is the last minidump. Just thought I would give you a little history, thought it might help.

I would take a close look at the SpyBot test... remove your current spybot, then install a new one with the updates. This spybot failure is an indicator of a bigger problem somewhere.
Then I would download and run a couple of spyware scans from Panda, McAfee, Spyware Doctor, Spysweeper, etc. or from Grisoft.AVG Antispyware.
Finally, I would run memtest86 from www.memtest.org
Have you changed some hardware component? Or did you have a period where it worked fine?

I'll run more Spyware/Anti-Virus tests. No hardware configuration changes have been made. It was working for about a month or so. Then began getting the BSOD. I will run memtest, how many times do I need to let it pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back