BSOD, minidumps included

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,

my computer has been getting bsod (5 within 24hrs) since i've built it from the ground up yesterday, can someone please help?

windows xp sp2
Gigabyte GA8S661FXMP-RZ S478 (integrated video and sound)
Celeron D 2.66ghz S478
1x512mb Kingston module (32mb is shared to the mobo)
60gb Seagate ATA100
16x LG DVDwriter
400W Generic PSU (came with the case)

no significant errors/warnings i can pick out from the EventViewer. Memtest86 ran with no errors (only did 1 pass). Case is clean. Using norton antivirus2004, fully updated, and zonelarm6. Have installed recent drivers for integrated nic and video, and Device Manager seems fine.

here's the 5 bugchecks from EventViewer, (and minidumps are attached)
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a...
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1...
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e...

some additional information/questions,
--2 of the 5 bsod happened straight after the taskbar programs finished loading(after entering windows), the other 3 were fairly random
--All parts were bought brand new except for the 60gb seagate. This was partitioned on my previous mobo, then installed on the new mobo, before installing windows. Because the hdd was not partitioned with the same mobo that's currently using it, could this be contributing to the bsods?
--3 of the 5 bugchecks were 0x1000000a, does that mean anything in particular?

i'm thinking of replacing the ram module with a known working module from my other PC, after which comes replacing the Generic PSU. But before doing that i want to get some advice from here

thanks
//david

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back