BSOD moments after startup (fresh windows installation twice)

batmankiller

Hey guys so the problem has been persisting for awhile. It used to just be one BSOD per fresh startup.

Now I'm just getting them on startup all the time other than some versions of safe mode.

Attached are the minidumps.

Also can someone explain to me why a USB drive refuses to be bootable? I'm trying to use the memtest installer to make it a bootable USB and I can't. This would help answer memory RAM stick suspicions.
I had done a MEMTEST previously for a whole cycle (all 8 tests) and nothing. I figured if anythign was this severe it would show up on the first cycle.

Attachments

• all minidumps.zip
    188.8 KB · Views: 0
Don't forget the MSCONFIG tool to manage boot environment - - it allows partial loading to startups and services to that it's not just all or nothing as is Safe Mode.

Here's some more minidumps. Caused when I restarted and still having trouble getting back in. I boot up and then after 3-4 seconds it crashes. During this time I see the network adapter doing the red moving circle as if it's looking for a signal in the bottom right notification area Thinking maybe it's my network adapter.

Attachments

• 2nd set of minidumps.zip
    193.7 KB · Views: 1
This is definitely a hardware problem, and NDProxy.sys is flagged in the minidumps. So the network adapter may be a good place to start

What am I supposed to do? Try to reinstall the drivers for it or?
Yes, if the adapter isn't removable or replaceable. Like I said, after 2 fresh OS installs, it is a hardware issue... Memory sticks, hard drive or network adapter. All these are hardware... not drivers. Drivers are considered software

Attaching additional minidumps. How likely is this RAM? I got a BSOD on windows installation this time on the completing installation part (don't have minidumps for that); normally I go to device manager and disable all unknown devices/exclamation marks to dodge this issue and this time I didn't do it and it crashed

Attachments

• third set minidump.zip
    113.4 KB · Views: 1
You are going to have to clear up all those unknown devices/exclamation marks first, not by disabling them but by finding and installing the correct drivers!

Can you even find and install the correct drivers before windows installs? I'm talking about right after installation before completing installation stage. If I don't disable them it freezes up during "completing installation" stage.. or in this case BSODs.

"If I don't disable them it freezes up during "completing installation" stage"... Wow, this certainly is not normal. Is this your first attempt at building or repairing a computer? Maybe a bios setting is incorrect. You have the OS completely installed if you can post minidumps, so why can't the correct drivers be installed then?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...mpleting/02513dca-8ae5-4bc0-96a1-00381822b2cd
- start at step 2 if you want to get to the point

That is what I'm talking about. Once the OS is completely installed all the drivers are then re-enabled and installed.. Once again my most recent issue was when I did not disable the drivers as stated in that post and went straight to completing installation. I got a BSOD while it was on completing installation stage.

Notes on device manager: in one windows installation whenever I tried to re-enable one device called "unknown device" I would bsod.

In another windows installation the exclamation mark stayed regardless of how much I enabled/disabled/uninstalled/attempted to look for drivers or restarted.

I have never actually built a computer. I inherited this computer from my cousin and I'm fairly confident he has everything installed properly as he had been using it for quite a while and has been building computers for quite a while. I have used this computer which no issues for about 4 months since now.

"I have used this computer which no issues for about 4 months since now"... and what happened that caused you to re-install Windows fresh?

When I started getting black screens on the first start up of the day after booting into windows. I'd be forced to reset and then the rest for fun. That would be pretty consistent everyday. Now it's.... just all the goddamn time.

Back