Bsod Ndis.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark9977

Hi,

I hope someone can help me out here.

I just did an install of XP MCE 2005 on a new machine I have built. Supposed to go to the client tomorrow and now it is giving BSOD's. Crap.

They are related to ndis.sys

Anyone familiar with this error?

What do I need to provide for assistance?

Please let me know and I will provide.

Thank you in advance!

It would be very helpful if you could post your minidumps so that we could read them and see where the problem might be.

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folde > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is the files we need, not the whole folder. Attach them to your next post as you would a Word document to an email. If you have a number of them please Zip them together.

Your Stop Error is an 0xD1 which is usually caused by a driver conflict. Both dumps point to at101_xp.sys Now here is the thing that is frustrating: I can't find anything on the internet that deals with an error of this sort.

If I was a betting man the issue lies with XP, but where the conflict is I don't know. Perhaps someone here with considerable more knowledge can read the dumps with greater depth.

Perhaps running CheckDisk and then if that doesn't help, try a fresh install of XP.

Now, here is the interesting part, I think that CPUz is doing it. When I run Orthos with Core Temp running it will run for hours, but when I run Orthos, Core Temp and CPUz at the same time that seems to illicit the crash. Every time it has crashed it had CPUz running.

Since I don't think the client needs CPUz, it may work out fine.

Hmmm, now that is interesting. Certainly the CPUz driver could be the issue. I am curious to see if either stability or continued crashing occurs. Let us know.

The file is ATL01_xp.sys. It's an Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet Controller ndis miniport driver. If you're still interested.

peterdiva said:
The file is ATL01_xp.sys. It's an Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet Controller ndis miniport driver. If you're still interested.

With the minidump reading in lower case letters I mistook the L for a 1. I learned something which is always good.

So could the Lan minidriver be conflicting with the CPUz driver?

Should I uninstall and reinstall the minidriver for the Lan and that may solve the issue?

Thanks.

Either uninstall and reinstall your minidriver or see if there is an updated driver for your LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back