BSOD No error messgae

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoZZ

I am getting BSOD on my computer but, the BSOD doesn't display a message it is just blue. How the hell do I figure out what the cause of this BSOD is if I can't read its error message :dead:

Specs:
3.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2gig DDR2 800Mhz
ATI 850xt
Asus P5B SE Mobo, Patriot Brand memory

Hmmm, never heard of that before. Did you check your minidump files? My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files

If you find any files attach them to your next post.

This is the analyzes to my minidump file from Microsoft Debug tool:

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
i8042prt!I8042MouseInterruptService+2a
b3ecedae 8845f4 mov byte ptr [ebp-0Ch],al

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: i8042prt!I8042MouseInterruptService+2a

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: i8042prt

IMAGE_NAME: i8042prt.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 41107ecc

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xD1_CODE_AV_BAD_IP_i8042prt!I8042MouseInterruptService+2a

BUCKET_ID: 0xD1_CODE_AV_BAD_IP_i8042prt!I8042MouseInterruptService+2a

Followup: MachineOwner

It would still be helpful if you would attach your minidumps.

From what I can gather you have a 0x1D error and this is often caused by driver issues. Some of the information points to your mouse being interrupted. It is possible that it may be due to your mouse drivers, but I can't say definitively.

The symptoms is faulty ram and I need more minidumps to confirm. Your version of ATI display driver is confirmed to crash windows with bugcheck code 7F. You had better upgrade or downgrade ATI display card driver.

I ran Memtest86 and got 2 errors on RAM but my comp only seems to crash when I run 3d Applications. I left it on all night yesterday and no BSOD, it just crashes when I play games. On the subject of the ATI drivers I had to downgrade from the most latest to 7.6 to remove a windows error suggesting that my monitor was CRT when it really is an LCD, I will try the latest drivers and see if it still crashes, can't really remember if I crashed while having the latest drivers.

If you got errors with your RAM you will get crashes. You need to test each individual stick to determine which or if all need to be replaced.

Do you know of any websites which give resources on how to interperate the information displayed by memtest, and what about the ATI drivers are those causing problems to?

You can upgrade your ATI drivers.

As for the memory google is your friend, but since you have errors the only thing you can do is replace the RAM.

Ok updated ATI drivers and no help tested each individual RAM stick and both got crashes. Could it be that these Sticks aren't compatible with the Mobo, I checked on the manuals recommended list and Patriot Memory wasn't on there. I just wanted to ask this so I don't RMA them in and get another product that won't function either.

Then you have two bad sticks of RAM; they would not have been installed if they weren't compatible with your motherboard. Patriot memory doesn't have the greatest reputation for quality, though some of thier offerings can be good.

Return them and get new ones. Perhaps you could exchange them for another brand like Kingston or Crucial. You can't fix bad RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back