BSOD , No idea what is happening

By redaber
Jul 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. redaber

redaber Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hello ,

I have recently bought a new CPU cooler , which is the corsair H100i. and after overcloking my i7 2600k to 4.5Ghz at 1.3v everything seemed fine. It passed 10 passes of intel burn test at very high , the highest it got was 76 on the hottest core and all the others were about 72 degrees celcius. Then after that I let it render for over 9 hours straight , rendering a 3d max simulation. the max it was was 69 degrees.

Then the second day I was browing youtube , and having 3ds max open ( not rendering this time just modeling around nothing cpu intensive , it crashed and gave me a x124 BSOD) I cranked my vcore to 1.31 now.

my specs are :

CPU: i7 2600k
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 V-PRO GEN3
    Ram Speed, size and #sticks: (upgraded with my h100i ) 32 GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950
    PSU (do not leave this out): Coolermaster 800w Gold power supply

So I would be forever greatfull if somebody could help me out. The minidump is included.

http://www.speedyshare.com/mdU5N/071113-11590-01.dmp

Thanks alot

Bader Bouta
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,746   +156

The minidump doesn't show anything...
  3. redaber

what do you mean?? it doesnt read or?
  4. Tmagic650

It displays okay but contains nothing helpful... If you get another new dump, post it
  5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,607   +80

Test it without overclocking it.. Tell us if it does the same again when you had over clocked it.
  6. redaber

thanks alot for your help I truely appreaciate it .

today I was simulating again ( cpu was around 70-100% for 9 + hours ) and nothing went wrong , temps seemed fine... then again when idling my pc freezed. no bsod I quickly turned it off... pretty supid of me because I did not wanna wait for the bsod so I dont have a dump. when it happens again , is it okay to PM you with the dump file?

Once again thanks alot!
  7. Tmagic650

It's a very nice system. Does it have a standard hard drive or an SSD?
  8. redaber

Yes , I do have a Crucial M4 64GB SSD.

and a 1tb black wd drive + 500gb wd caviar blue drive
  9. Tmagic650

If the SSD is the boot drive, is it on a SATA 3 port configured ACHI in the bios?
  10. redaber

Hello , thank you alot for your time . yes it is enable in AHCI ( sata 6 ports ) and also , I have ran memtest 86 vor 10 hours over night , it sad it passed and nothing was found. :(

11. Tmagic650

Got to be a bios setting. I have a Z77 chipset, so these tips may be a bit different for you:
    Disable C3/C6 state support and any CPU throttling in the UEFI bios. This should stabilize the computer
  12. redaber

Hey its been a week. I already had c3 and c6 disabled but I couldnt find throtteling in the bios. however .. today I got anathore BSOD with a diffrent code. here is my dump , hope you can help me out . thanks alot for the time

6http://www.speedyshare.com/UJuuV/072113-11185-01.dmp
  13. Tmagic650

Boot drive instability...
  14. redaber

finally ... my god. I tried almost everything... ram seemed right , overclock seemed right . boot drive. I do have a ssd. any ideas on what I should do now?
  15. Tmagic650

"overclock seemed right"... Turn off the over-clocking and see if the BSOD's stop
  16. redaber

but you said it was boot drive instability?
  17. Tmagic650

Over-clocking can cause the boot drive to mis-read... and cause instability in general
  18. redaber

Ok. will stop the overclock for a week. will get back at you after. thanks alot man

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.