TechSpot

BSOD on a Dell Optiplex GX150

By rmdl51
Apr 7, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello! I need your help, I'm working on a Dell Optiplex GX150, It's old from a friend and got infected with virus, so I format the HDD and try to reinstall windows and I got BSOD after all the windows XP files are copied, BTW it takes more than 2 hours for the first process, system is a Pentium III 1Ghz with 256 RAM, and this is the message:

problem has been detected blah blah blah...

The Problem seems to be caused by the following file: vga64k

Stop: 0x000000EA

Beginning dump of phisical memory

And says some more irrelevant stuff (you know what I mean) I thought it was RAM but I swapped many DIMMs with the same result, I keep thinking the onboard video got screwed because there was an small card on the AGP slot (video cache) and it was extremely hot, so I put another video card on it and same result but a different file was the problem: frambfr

Please Help me because I have no idea what else I could try
  2. rmdl51

rmdl51 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 368

anybody.....
  3. rmdl51

rmdl51 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 368

Finally get rid of the BSOD with a no name old video card, but it's extremely slow, I've been installing windows for about 8 hours!! yes eight hours, and it still installing saying 17 minutes left and reading and moving very slow, I know there's something wrong with it but I want to see how far it goes, well even I figured out myself thanks for the people who read my posts
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.