BSOD on a Dell Optiplex GX150

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdl51

Hello! I need your help, I'm working on a Dell Optiplex GX150, It's old from a friend and got infected with virus, so I format the HDD and try to reinstall windows and I got BSOD after all the windows XP files are copied, BTW it takes more than 2 hours for the first process, system is a Pentium III 1Ghz with 256 RAM, and this is the message:

problem has been detected blah blah blah...

The Problem seems to be caused by the following file: vga64k

Stop: 0x000000EA

Beginning dump of phisical memory

And says some more irrelevant stuff (you know what I mean) I thought it was RAM but I swapped many DIMMs with the same result, I keep thinking the onboard video got screwed because there was an small card on the AGP slot (video cache) and it was extremely hot, so I put another video card on it and same result but a different file was the problem: frambfr

Please Help me because I have no idea what else I could try

Finally get rid of the BSOD with a no name old video card, but it's extremely slow, I've been installing windows for about 8 hours!! yes eight hours, and it still installing saying 17 minutes left and reading and moving very slow, I know there's something wrong with it but I want to see how far it goes, well even I figured out myself thanks for the people who read my posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back