BSOD on Dell Insprion 1501

I got a new laptop for Christmas, so I was on my old laptop which is a dell inspiron 1501 running windows xp, trying to put my pictures and music on a jump drive so i could put them on my new laptop. My computer has not been recognizing anything put into my usb ports. it would recognize my wireless mouse and thats it. it wouldnt even recognize an SD card. this all happened after i downloaded the new itunes and it stopped recognizing my ipod. well.. i looked it up on the internet and went in and tried to fix it.. I went to my computer, right clicked it, went down to manage. then i went to disk management. and where it says Disk 0, i changed it to drive E. So then it wouldnt bring up anything because instead of recognizing all of my files as in C: it looked for them in E. and there werent any. well as i was tryin to get it to work it froze so i turned it off. Now it wont get past the blue screen. Ive tried runnin in safe mode, tryin the last succesful boot, it still wont get past the blue screen with the windows xp logo. I NEED HELP. I cant lose those pictures or music!

If you can...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

If above is not feasible then remove your harddrive and slave it into another system. Access this harddrive through this system and a) transfer your important stuff to a flash drive or external harddrive, b) run a virus scan, and c) do a harddrive diagnostics.

Back