BSOD on installation of Windows XP URGENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just bought a Dell Dimension 9150. I'm trying to install Windows XP on it. I'm pretty sure that I have narrowed it down to a problem with the harddrive controller not recognizing the harddrive. It is a Seagate 7200 80GB SATA drive. I have installed the Seagate harddrive utility on it, but even it does not truly recognize the drive and calls it a Bios Disk Drive. Anyways, XP install will load up all the drives, hang for 5 seconds, and then give me a pci.sys error. Is there anything special that I need to do? I have already tried pressing F6 and installing third party drivers, but that doesn't work either. I need help quick. Thanks for anything.

win xp instillation problems

Hi, I just bought a Dell Dimension 9150. I'm trying to install Windows XP on it. I'm pretty sure that I have narrowed it down to a problem with the harddrive controller not recognizing the harddrive. It is a Seagate 7200 80GB SATA drive. I have installed the Seagate harddrive utility on it, but even it does not truly recognize the drive and calls it a Bios Disk Drive. Anyways, XP install will load up all the drives, hang for 5 seconds, and then give me a pci.sys error. Is there anything special that I need to do? I have already tried pressing F6 and installing third party drivers, but that doesn't work either. I need help quick. Thanks for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back