BSOD on my new pc

By Hammer2
Dec 24, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Before I start, I'd just like to say that I have no idea if it is a hardware or software issue.

I recently visited my local pc shop and ordered parts for them to put together for me. I received the computer and immediately encountered BSOD errors. I recieved the following errors -

I reformatted both my drives and went to reinstall windows, but this time I could not get past the installation process. I gave the shop back my computer and got them to look at it, which they later told me it was all fine and they were able to install windows and the drivers for the pc. I started downloading all my programs, (Steam, Skype, Razer Synapse) and a day later I started getting the BSOD again. I wasn't even able to update my windows because it would BSOD during the installation.

I've ran memtest for 2 passes and it hasn't came up with any errors. I downloaded the very latest drivers for my graphics card, didn't help. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Computer Specs-

CPU - Intel Core i7 6700
    GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB
    SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (Has OS on it)
    HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB (Currently has not partitions)
    Memory - Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz
    Motherboard - ASRock B150M-Pro4
    Case - Corsair Graphite 230T Black
    PSU - 80+ Gold Corsair CS650M
    Network Adapter - TP-Link WDN3800

I am running Windows 10 Home

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

You should really take it back to the shop again... It may be an SSD issue
  3. Hammer2

Hammer2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Is there anything I can do? Going back to the shop is probably one of the last things I want to do, because it is a fair drive to it.
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Save some gas money... then take it back. If you work on it it may cost you more than gas