BSOD on Win 7

chadbonk

Hello everyone. I recently posted my thread on another forum and got some ideas from people to figure out the problem that I'm having and it's gotten better, just not fixed. Here's the synopsis. Randomly my computer gets the BSOD, obviously. Ususally it was during the course of the night streaming Netflix and I never knew when it restarted cuz I fell asleep. I'd wake up and the logon screen was on. I've repaired the windows installation, no hardware changes, no software changes, I've updated windows with the latest drivers, updated the video card and the onboard sound as well. I've tried defragging the disk and reseting the page file. I'm kind of running out of ideas. The memory has been tested and I've also checked the voltages on the power supply and all seems to be good. I'm gonna post my dump files and if someone could take a look at them for me, cuz that's the only thing I'm not sure how to decode I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks guys for all your help!

P.S.... I'm going to upoload them in the sequential order of how I fixed things. Meaning when I started having the problem, posted a thread, someone said to try this, and then the same thing

Attachments

• 021611-30342-01.zip
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 022211-21933-01.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 022711-43727-01.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 0
There u go boss

Attachments

• 022711-43727-01.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 022211-41605-01.zip
    34.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 022211-21933-01.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 022011-41121-01.zip
    31 KB · Views: 1
  • 021611-30342-01.zip
    31.8 KB · Views: 1
The Mem86 one that you run in DOS. However, since then, I actually replaced the memory modules, all 4 of them. I thought it was a memory problem at first. Long story short,... I only had 4gb in Decemeber,... I bought 4gb more ... about a month went by and started having problems. I replaced them through the company, and the original sticks I had were old anyways, so i bought two more so that all four modules were exact the same so there was no hardware confliction.

The reason for my question is because the most significant error read specifically cited memory corruption as your issue.

Since it appears that memtest (did you run it for at least 7 Passes?) shows no errors (though bad RAM has been known to once in awhile pass) then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match? How about the timings?

So,... even though the memory modules are new, they could still be corrupted? I'm not sure how to perform the voltage test on the modules.

Is there any other possibilites?

Go into your BIOS and you will be able to find the voltage for your DIMM (memory) as set by your motherboard.

Yes, new memory can be corrupted right out of the box. Just how much memory are you running? And, what is the make and model of your motherboard?

BSOD again,...

anynoe explain what this is? It hasn't happened in a long time and I've been pushing the machine pretty hard!!!

Attachments

• 032211-28142-01.zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
Back