BSOD on windows startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its an IBM T42 laptop, Windows XP service pack 2, during the occasional startup a BSOD will occur, the laptop fan will then power on but the hardrive will not engage, it usually takes a few days of trying before the laptop fires up. Then if im lucky i dodge a BSOD and get a "Windows has recovered from a serious error". ie)

Error Sygnature
BCCode: 100000d1 BCP1: 00000005 BCP2: 00000002 BCP3: F8938E88
OSVer:S_1_2600 Sp:2_0 Product:256_1

When i send the error report i get the Microsoft "Error Caused by Device Driver" without a known cause of the problem.

I have included 4 minidumps, thx for your assistant im down to only 1 hair on my head

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

2 minidumps crash at smbusdh.sys. This is an IBM SMB Device Hub driver. It is a known issue. See HERE for more info.

1 minidump crashes at usbuhci.sys. This may well be related to the above.

1 minidump crashes at win32k.sys. Windows Multi-User Win32 Driver. This may also be related to the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Well, bad news the BSOD happened again. It almost seems like the problem occurs when i start the computer when the humidity is higher, because it always seems to happen after a rain storm. It took about 20 tries to get windows to load this time and i got a few different messages on startup:

1. Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt "ntoskrnl.exe"

2. Load needed DLLs for kernel.

Ive attatched the minidump. Thx

Your latest minidump has a bugcheck of 19.

0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER.

ntoskrnl.exe is the Windows bootup kernel file.

I suggest you do a Windows repair. See HERE for instructions.

I don`t know if the humidity would affect your laptop, but I suppose it`s possible. However, I don`t know what to suggest in that regard.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back