BSOD, Page fault in nonpaged area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
over the last couple of weeks I have been receiving the BSOD with increased frequency till last night when the machine simply will not boot up other than in safe mode. I get the Page Fault in Nonpaged Area fault with advice to disable new hardware etc and BIOS memory cache. These are the technical errors I receive

STOP: 0x00000050 (0X9C608641, 0X00000001, 0X85A50000, 0X00000000)

the first code changes each time with a couple of others being 0X9C601241 AND 0X609241.

I run pc-cillin and microsoft anti-spyware in the background. This is not new to my system but some searches indicate they may be affecting it. How should I approach this problem?

Hi,

The crash may be caused by faulty ram or device driver error. The system event log and the minidump has the most useful diagnostic information. When Windows crashes with blue screen, it writes a system event 1001 or 1003 and a minidump to the folder \windows\minidump. Check system event 1001 and 1003 and it has the content of the blue screen.

Event ID: 1001
Source: Save Dump
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.The bugcheck was : 0xc000000a (0xe1270188, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804032100).
Microsoft Windows..... A dump was saved in: .......

Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Description:
Error code 1000007f, parameter1 0000000d, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001/1003. Copy the content and paste it back here

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps to a zip file and attach it here. Techspot has an upper limit of 100K per attachment. I will study the dump and find out the culprit.

Hi,

I have a similar BSOD problem. When I try to play a 3D game, it usually lags a lot, and about 10 or 15 seconds later, no matter what I do, it crashes to a BSOD. Always. I remember IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I'm almost sure it's not a PSU, RAM, HD, CPU, temperature, or drivers issue, because I tested almost everything.

I'm attaching a couple of memory dumps, to see if you can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Lord Randolf

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    96.3 KB · Views: 11
page-fault-non-paged-area

hi to all,

im a new member of this site and attaching my minidump because i have been ecountering always a page-fault-non -paged area in my dell inspiron 4100. please help me! thank you so much!

Hi abbie, welcome to Tech Spot forums.:wave: In the future it is best to start your own thread because a) the one you attached to is going on four years old and b) you'll get help faster because people will think you are simply answering the original poster's thread and thus skip by your need for help.

That being said, I read your minidumps and your issue is that you are infected. The issue is with restore.sys and everything I have read on it is that it is a significant infection.

Here is what you can do to rectify the problem: Go to the Virus and Malware removal forum here at Tech Spot. Read the 8 Steps sticky and follow the steps as given. Don't skip any of the steps. When you are finished post there with the logs that they require. Make sure you attach everything they ask for and you'll get excellent help.

Bythe way, what security software are you using? Are you behind a router?

Thank you so much sir, please do guide me as i am new in your site and doesnt know much about computers my security software are McAfee, Spywareblaster and CCleaner.again thank you so much!

Hi, abbie. Did you go to the Virus and Malware fourms here and read the 8 Steps? It is important that you do.

When you are ready we can guide you to new options for better internet security.

What I would like you to do is to do a search for NOD32 Online Scanner. It is free and perfectly safe. It will ask you to install an Active X in order to run their scanner. let it do so and let it run.

Then after it completes tell us what it found.

installed NOD32

Dear sir,
I have installed NOD32 and and threats found was 1068 and i have done only steps 5 from the 8 steps cause i could not download the items through this site. hope you guide me more and help too..thank you!

Hey abbie. I was wondering how you were doing with this. When NOD32 scanned, did it clean/delete these 1068 threats as well?

Plus, what items could you not download?

When we get you cleaned up we are going to get you set-up for decent internet protection. Also, it you have uTorrents, P2P, Warez, etc. please uninstall now. Many infections come via these applications.

What operating system are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back