Bsod Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

By Jax_X
Oct 14, 2007
  1. Greetigs,

For quite a while now I'm having these PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSODs.

My System:

Windows Vista x64
    DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, 2666 MHz (8 x 333)
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 (2 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (640 MB)
    Corsair 2048 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
    Seagate 320 GB HDD

I installed Vista just a few days ago, before Vista I had Win XP installed and encountered these BSODs too. Trying to solve this problem I did all sorts of thing. Ran Memtests, zero errors. Checked my HDD a few times, zero errors. Installed different AntiVir programms, cause somewhere I read that this BSOD
    could be triggered by them.

I still have some ideas about what might cause these bluescreens. My mainboard, cpu, ram and grafics card are all about one months old and I have head these bluescreens since I upgraded from my previous system. At the moment im using 470W power supply to run my system. I thought that mybe 470W would'nt be enough, but from what i know runnig my system with 470W should'nt be a problem.
    These BSODs occur while playing games, doing nothing at all just watching at my monitor and so on blablablub.

I have also uploaded some minidumps.

I'm thankfull for all the help I get.
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

3. Jax_X

Jax_X TS Rookie Topic Starter

i've already looked throug the minidump files before, but since im absolutley no expert concerning reading these files, i wanted to ask for help.
    the only thing i can interpret is that these errors have something to do with my ram.
    but dont know if im right

here are some more minidumps

i would be glad if someone who knows more about minidumps could look through them

thank you in advance

ps: i got 2 bluescreens while trying to write this reply. one when i wanted to attach the file, and one while klicking the submit reply button. generally those bluescreens seem to appear more often while websurfung
  4. jackgzero

jackgzero TS Rookie

BSOD what to check

Things I would try:
    I would run memtest86 (free - on some Linux CD's such as "mepis" on the boot-up menu, also available for download many places - must boot off CD or Floppy)
    and whether your memory passes or not
    clean the memory sticks and slots
    using a commercial air blower such as "blow off" or similar with a nozzle into the slots (and possibly a small soft brush first if there is any visible dust) and clean the sticks themselves with a commercial contact cleaner or alcohol and/or soft rubber eraser. You want to use lint-free paper towels or other cleaning items. Look for any damage to them at that time.
    Make sure the fans and heat sinks are mostly dust free while you are at it.
    If the memory passes ok, then you can try running one of the Linux versions that run from CD to make sure it also can run and stay running for a while.
    (Note: I have some memory that passes the tests but always crashes the computer - so the test is not perfect)
    That should help to determine if the memory is a problem. Sometimes that is all you need to do to get it to run well enough to clean the other problems like spyware and viruses that seem to be on every machine I test.
  5. Jax_X

As already said i ran memtest86, but got no errors. Ive also tested both of the sticks alone but still got no error. Im currently running my system with only one memory stick and so far i havent experienced any BSODs yet. But i think i have to test this setting a bit longer to see if the BSODs are gone now.
  6. Jax_X

When i tried to run my system with only one memory stick in the slots, i didnt have any BSOD for one day. So i took the stick out and swapped it with the second one. Running my pc for ~6 hours or so didnt bring me a BSOD either. So the next day i put in both of the memory sticks again and did not encounter a bluescreen for about 2 days. Maybe i just had luck.
    But today while playing HL2 i had another BSOD but not the Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area one.

this is what the minidump said:

i have also attached the minidump itself
    i really dont know what this means. can anyone help me?

thanks in advance
  7. drpepper55

drpepper55 TS Member Posts: 65

As I said to SteveMc in his thread on the same subject: "Have you tried going to a restore point back to before the start of your Stop Error? That was the fix that worked for me to the same 'Page Fault to non-paged area' error. It did it for me and no problems since." Best to you...
  8. Jax_X

I thing going back to a restore point wont help me much since ive had these bluescreens from the beginning on when i built my system.
    again if anyone knows more about what that last minidump says, i would appreciate any help very much
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.