BSOD - PageFault in NonPaged area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
yesterday - when i came back home, i found my PC in an infinite booting loop :(.
i turned off the 'restart in system crash' option, let it crash again, and got a BSOD with page fault in non paged area.

the system crashed in the middle of the startup progress, the first crash accrued yesterday - while i was working on it using windows remote desktop.

the system only crash when i'm logging into my regular user account (this post is being written from the admin account without any interferes).

i ran memtest (passed), and checkdisk (using "Disk Checker" - passed).
i have two memory modules - i tried each memory alone.
i can log into the regular account in safe-mode.

i tried to remove programs from the startup - and it seemed that Symantec Corporate antivirus caused it to crash. i unistalled it, and installed AVG instead. this time i logged into my account and managed to work for about 4 minutes (before - it crashed at the startup) and now it crash immediatly at start.
BTW AVG (and symantec before) is working great in the admin account.

my system spec:
AMD atlhon XP 1800+, PcChips m848, 512 Mb (256 - unknown brand pc2700, 256 - samsung pc3000) winXP SP2.

P.S lately i installed (and uninstalled yesterday - after the crashes) some new software called "AntiMalware" (Trustware).

Help someone? i'm spending two days for now - in order to not re-install the system.

10X ahead.

Hi,

From your description, I have no idea why your windows crash. The system event log and the minidump has the most useful diagnostic information. When Windows crashes with blue screen, it writes a system event 1001 or 1003 and a minidump to the folder \windows\minidump. Check system event 1001 and 1003 and it has the content of the blue screen.

Event ID: 1001
Source: Save Dump
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.The bugcheck was : 0xc000000a (0xe1270188, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804032100).
Microsoft Windows..... A dump was saved in: .......

Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Description:
Error code 1000007f, parameter1 0000000d, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001/1003. Copy the content and paste it back here

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps to a zip file and attach it here. Techspot has an upper limit of 100K per attachment. I will study the dump and find out the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back