May 25, 2008
  1. Dell 2400
    2.4ghz celeron
    512 mb ddr333
    XP service pack 2
    Norton 360
    Traces of McAfee
    Integrated graphics.

I have attempted removal of mcafee and it seems to just blue screen the computer.
    Computer works in safe mode but not normally, time taken to blue screen varies from 30 seconds to a few minutes.
    I have tested memory and power supply, also the computer is not overheating and the motherboard is in a good clean condition visually.

The minidumps seem to all be similar but i cant identify what it is
    Thanks in advance
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Use a simple registry editor to remove all traces of McAfee. It leaves bad junk all over the place. I recommend the free RegCleaner found at the one created by Jouni Viourno... Simple safe, with a backup to fix mistakes.

Try to save your mini dumps as test files so more people on this forum will be willing to take the time to read them. We recommend HiJack This as one of the scans, and ComboFix as the other.
  3. zugolosian

zugolosian TS Rookie Topic Starter

I already ran hijack this and had a look, also ran combofix and found nothing significant. I was pressed for time too especially after testing the memory, how do i save dumps as test files?
  4. raybay

Text files, not test files.
  5. pdavda

pdavda TS Rookie

I have a few dump files I've uploaded to this forum but no one has read them yet so how do you save them as text files?
  6. raybay

How did you create them. What software do we use to read them. If you tell us how to read them, we will do our best to help.
    Suggest you download and run the most recent version of HiJack This, as it is very helpful. Post the results here.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.