Bsod <--please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,
i'm new at this place and it's seems to be really helpfull forum!
so here is my pain:
new build Pc:

Win XP Pro SP2
Cpu: Core2Duo E6600
Cpu Cooler: Scythe "NINJA PLUS"
Mb: Asus P5N32-E SLI (no sound card on board, using externial M-Audio FireWire Audiofhile)
Ram: 1Gb x 4 OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 / 1066MHz / NVIDIA® SLI™-Ready Edition + Corsair DOMINATOR Airflow Fan
Graphic: Asus EN8800GTS/HTDP/320M
Hdd: 2 x Samsung HD401LJ
Cd/Dvd: Samsung SH-S182M
Psu: Silentmaxx 480W IC-Tech
UPS: PowerMust 1000 USB
Case: Silentmaxx ST-11 Pro

-all drivers and Bios up to date, exept grafic i tryed 158.19, but it's really buggy so i roll back to 97.94

-no Virus or Spyware found, exept cookies...Scaned with Kaspersky, Norton Antivirus v2007, Avira AntiVir....each prog instaled-> scaned->uninstaled separatly, so no conflicts betwen them.

- MemTest 12 hours, no errors found

- Prime95 12 hours, no errors found

so very offten i having BSOD with defferent errors:
Driver_Irql_Not_Less_or_equal
with 0x000000D1 Tdi.sys or Hidparse.sys

or

Page_Fault_in_nonpaged_area
with 0x00000050 kmixer.sys or fdc.sys or vga.sys or watchdog.sys

minidump file is attached

sometimes for 3 days no errors, but yesterday about 5 times during watching Video (driving me crazZZy)

any help or sugestions would be really apriciated !

The issue lies with the kmixer.sys driver that is a kernel audio mixer of Microsoft Windows. if you Google this driver you will see a lot of people having this issue for a score of differing reasons.

Your audio situation is a unique one and I am wondering if Windows is in conflict with your set-up.

One work around that I read was to reinstall soundcard drivers, etc. By the way, I note that you have no onboard sound card, but does your motherboard come with onboard audio and, if so, did you disable it in your BIOS?

Another work around that I read, and take it for what it is worth:

I suggest you to add it to the Exclusion list (click on the "scissors" icon in the WatchDog window). Kmixer may be closed and unloaded if it's not used. When you use audio it will be loaded again.

Route44 has excellent ideas.
What happens when you boot to Safe Mode?
That super-fast OCZ memory has been a problem for some of our clients. That would be my first suspect.
It appears you are having serious drive problems somewhere... whether defective or in conflict.
I would go back to the most standard install you can to see how it works, then re-add components.

Route44 said:
The issue lies with the kmixer.sys driver that is a kernel audio mixer of Microsoft Windows. if you Google this driver you will see a lot of people having this issue for a score of differing reasons.

Your audio situation is a unique one and I am wondering if Windows is in conflict with your set-up.

One work around that I read was to reinstall soundcard drivers, etc. By the way, I note that you have no onboard sound card, but does your motherboard come with onboard audio and, if so, did you disable it in your BIOS?
tnx Route44 for your help!
motherboard comes with audio card as separate module, i'm not installed it cose i'm using externial audio card....also tryed reinstall audio drivers, so this is not da case...all audio aplications works just fine.
Route44 said:
Another work around that I read, and take it for what it is worth:

I suggest you to add it to the Exclusion list (click on the "scissors" icon in the WatchDog window). Kmixer may be closed and unloaded if it's not used. When you use audio it will be loaded again.
..emm i dunno how to get WatchDog window...never seen that before.

raybay said:
Route44 has excellent ideas.
What happens when you boot to Safe Mode?
That super-fast OCZ memory has been a problem for some of our clients. That would be my first suspect.
tnx for replay raybay,
yes i heard stories too about that memory, but in my case it is really stable
Sonic_X said:
- MemTest 12 hours, no errors found
raybay said:
It appears you are having serious drive problems somewhere... whether defective or in conflict.
I would go back to the most standard install you can to see how it works, then re-add components.
well that would be my last point before reinstaling windows

From what I can see your dumps are pointing to driver issues:

TDI.sys is a system driver for Linksys NIC cards.

Hidparse.sys is a Windows OS driver for USB.

Fdc.sys is a floppy disk controller driver.

Watchdog.sys is a driver for Windows PC Watchdog hardware system.

vga.sys is a video driver for Windows OS. Here is something I found:

When you install Windows XP on a computer from a Windows XP OEM CD that is using an unsupported video adapter, Windows Setup installs a standard VGA mode driver. Under some conditions, the new OEM video drivers may cause problems, or cause your computer to stop responding (hang). Because of this, you may need to remove the OEM drivers and revert back to using the Microsoft Standard VGA drivers to help determine if the OEM drivers are causing the problem.

* I could be very wrong so take my advice for what it is worth, but I think there could be the need for a new install of XP.

Asus motherboards are VERY picky about the RAM they will accept. In addition, your hardware drivers are probably not correct.

@Route44 tnx bro,
i got this feeling that new XP is only solution...good chance to try x64 hehe =)

Tedster said:
Asus motherboards are VERY picky about the RAM they will accept. In addition, your hardware drivers are probably not correct.
yes this OCZ is not on Asus QVL, as they officialy support only up to DDR2 800, but well i take my chance...but what do u mean with not correct drivers?

Here is the thing. Drivers were popping up all over the place having us conjecture as that is the issue. However, when anything involves RAM it can produce all kinds of issues that don't seem to be hardware/memory related.

It may be very well that XP isn't your problem afterall, it may be due to the fact that the Asus board, as Tedster rightly pointed out, just doen't like your RAM and thus your issues. I wonder what would occur if you popped in an Asus approved RAM for that board.

Keep us informed on what happens.

Route44 said:
Here is the thing. Drivers were popping up all over the place having us conjecture as that is the issue. However, when anything involves RAM it can produce all kinds of issues that don't seem to be hardware/memory related.

It may be very well that XP isn't your problem afterall, it may be due to the fact that the Asus board, as Tedster rightly pointed out, just doen't like your RAM and thus your issues. I wonder what would occur if you popped in an Asus approved RAM for that board.

Keep us informed on what happens.
after reading so many posts on several boards about that bad *** Asus, i really starting to think to change that board...any Hint for better candidat?

I think the cheapest and best route that you can go is different RAM. I would look up what RAM Asus recommends and take it from there.

By the way, nice rig. :grinthumb

Route44 said:
I think the cheapest and best route that you can go is different RAM. I would look up what RAM Asus recommends and take it from there.

By the way, nice rig. :grinthumb
hehe well New Motherboard would be cheaper than 4GB of New RAM that speed, for slower RAM i never would go (better shot me) :zzz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back