BSOD...Please Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

I've been having problems on my XPSP2 machine for a few months now, where it bugs out and just crashes out of the blue...i've been doing some searching on here and tried several things...swapping memory, uninstalling antivirus software, searching for spyware/malware...but to no avail.

I guess i need to ask those that know more than me to please check throught these minidumps and see if maybe they can spot something I am not...if you need more I have plenty!!

Any help is truly appreciated!...thanks to all those who take the time to help others out!

In most cases, this is a driver error. Have you tried disabling or removing your current drivers for Chipset, video graphics, audio, and other hardware, then installing the new drivers?
Next is a mismatch between the power demands of the video graphics card, and the quality of output of the power supply.
Next most common are memory errors, then cpu fans failing, then power supply errors, heat issues, thermal paste too hard, too thick, or too thin, or missing.
I don't see anything in the dumps, but I am no expert there..

Raybay,

I have reinstalled the drivers I could think of...still bsod. I have the latest drivers I could find for my mobo.

I have not tried a different PSU as I do not have any spares.

I did run memtest a few times without errors and even swapped my memory out with other new memory (I thought this may have been the problem initially)

I know the fans are working...

Along your thinking i guess the cheapest route would be to verify that my thermal paste is ok...then maybe invest in a new psu...

Happen to know where the best place to find the most updated drivers are???...the mb manufacturer hasnt made any since 06 (Asus)...I have an Asus K8N

Faulty RAM or Hard disk error

This is hardware problem. 3 of the minidumps are crashed with bugcheck code F4 and the NT status code is c0000185 (I/O error of the hard disk). 2 of the minidumps are crashed with bugcheck code BE and it is the symptom of faulty ram.

1. Reseat the memory to the another memory slot
2. Run chkdsk /r and re-plug the disk cable. Run hard disk daignostic

Debug report of one of your minidumps
CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated.
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
longer function.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000003, Process
Arg2: 890786e8, Terminating object
Arg3: 8907885c, Process image file name
Arg4: 805c7ae2, Explanatory message (ascii)

Debugging Details:
------------------
PROCESS_OBJECT: 890786e8
IMAGE_NAME: csrss.exe
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
MODULE_NAME: csrss
FAULTING_MODULE: 00000000
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

EXCEPTION_RECORD: b55659d8 -- (.exr ffffffffb55659d8)
.exr ffffffffb55659d8
ExceptionAddress: 75b7b3b9
ExceptionCode: c0000006 (In-page I/O error)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 3
Parameter[0]: 00000008
Parameter[1]: 75b7b3b9
Parameter[2]: c0000185
Inpage operation failed at 75b7b3b9, due to I/O error c0000185

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 2
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of "0x%08lx".
IO_ERROR: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.
EXCEPTION_STR: 0xc0000006_c0000185

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back