BSOD Preventing Reformatting HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjohn33566

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 desktop running Win XP that I want to reformat and give to my son-in-law. While trying to install the Windows XP Installation disk, I somehow screwed something up and ended up getting the BSOD. I can't get my computer to read from the CD-rom even though I've gone into the BIOS and set the drive as priority. I ran a full diagnostic on the hard drive and everything came back okay. I installed 6 Windows XP floppy start up disk and when it got finished installing the 6th disk, it went back to the BSOD. I can get to a screen that gives me options to boot into Safe Mode, but when I do, I get the BSOD again. The only thing I haven't tried yet was to go into the BIOS again and set it to boot up from the hard drive first, but I'm not feely too lucky about that working either.

HELP would be greatly appreciated. My I.T. guys here at work don't have any suggestions for me.

Your error is 0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

Give the above error code with definition to your IT crew and see if they can now help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back