BSOD Problem, 0x0000008e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm not really good with these type of things with computers. But this is the best I could tell you about what's wrong. So here are my system specs(Barely decent but does the job for me).

Intel Celeron CPU 2.40GHz
Msi Mobo 661fm2-LSR 661fx
Windows XP, Sp2
Western Digital 80gig HD
768MB DDR RAM(256+512)
256MB ATI Radeon 9600 Pro x8 AGP
PSU-480 Watts
Lite-On CD-Rom Ltn-529s
Lite-On DVD SOHD-167t Not sure if all of this is relevant.

I've had this problem with my computer for many months now and finally tried to do something about it. Well every time I am on a game such as Counter-Strike and I Alt+Tab out I get a BSOD with the code 0x0000008e. I have done a memtest with both RAM in and it coming up with 1 error, tried to pin point which RAM it was with it saying no errors. Formatted multiple times, installed all the latest drivers and BIOS. Here are my latest minidumps.

Thanking you, Iron Chef :chef:

Attachments

• Mini120606-05.zip
    16.5 KB · Views: 5
vegasgmc said:
Swap out each stick of RAM and which one you get the BSOD with.

I've just done that with the following results.
512 RAM had the same stop error, 0x0000008e.
256 RAM had a different stop error, 0x00000050.

I am leaning towards that there is something wrong with the mobo that im using.

Since you have 2 different sticks of RAM you may need to go into the BIOS and manually set the RAM timmings and bus speed.

I have found the RAM Timing in the BIOS but I don't want to mess around with anything in it yet. Can anyone shed any light as how to set the timings?

Changing the timings didn't work unfortunately but I'll try to get my brothers RAM and test it later on today.

Cheers for all your help vegasgmc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back