BSOD Problem Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
New "registered" user but long time reader. I have a computer that is randomly blue screening during the day. It can be when im working in programs, when ive stepped away for lunch or just about anytime. Sometimes it will go a day without, sometimes multiple times a day.

Was wondering if some of you awesome tech guys could help me out with some dump errors.

Ive cleaned out the tower, checked the ram, defrag, and upgraded video card drivers. Im stumped.

Attached are my dump files and I thank you in advance.

If I did anything wrong in my request or post, PLEASE let me know. I will correct right away.

when is it blue screening, upon boot, after logging in, after a day?

if at boot, does booting into safe mode boot successfully?

Sorry

Ive edited my main in case of new readers.

It is randomly blue screening during the day. It can be when im working in programs, when ive stepped away for lunch or just about anything. Sometimes it will go a day without, sometimes multiple times a day.

what did you check your ram with? I prefer using memtest86 (which can be found on multiple linux install cd's and various other places) however I have come across memtest86 not detecting bad ram with multiple sticks in the computer. Once one of them (1 of the 2) was removed, tested one of them failed the other did not. So if you have 2, try pulling one stick out for a day or try testing it with only one in at a time.

also, have you tried stress testing the CPU? Typically I use prime95 (free) and let it run overnight.

Have you updated/installed anything recently on the computer?

Memory Corruption

3 system crashes are related to 1 bit memory corruption and 1 system crash is related to faulty ram. The culprit is RAM. Reseat the memory module to another memory slot and clean the dust inside the ram slot. If you overclock the ram, change the setting to original. You can memtest to stress test but some faulty ram can pass memtest. If it still crashes, replace the ram.

Thank you

Thanks guys.

System is under warranty so I will do all the cleaning again and if that doesnt work, replace the ram.

Thanks for looking at the dump files cpc and thank you zac for the tips on the cpu and mem test.

Appreciate the info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back