BSOD problem

hi guys i need help deciding what i should do next, i have been getting very many BSOD's whenever i try to boot up wow or any other game on my new HP computer. It has a quad core AMD processor and i recently installed a GEforce 9600 GT grphics card into it, i know this card has the capibilitys of running these games its just im not too sure if my computer is compatible with this card, so i was just wondering if i should go out and buy a new one, if that is the problem. and if i should buy a new one can i have some advice on what to buy if i would like to play games such as WOW and Starcraft 2?
thanks =)

Did you install drivers for it for your 9600gt? Also, were there any drivers that were installed prior to installing the new card? Did it come with a videocard or does it have integrated graphics. It sounds like it could be a driver conflict because your card is compatible.

i just brought the computer to bestbuy and they said that i needed to uninstall the integrated graphics that came with the computer because they are competeing or somthing? i am lost on how to do such a thing, and from my past experience with the i am questioning if that is even correct

Go into Windows device manager and see if the onboard video is still showing up under Display Adapters, if it is right click and select Uninstall. Reboot the PC and go into the BIOS/CMOS and verify that the onboard video is displayed or the PC is set to boot using the new video card.

Try pressing the DEL key, or the F2 key or the F10 key during the first moments after powering on the computer. Also look carefully at the bottom of the first screen displayed. Usually, there is a notice like "press DEL to get into the bios" near the bottom of the screen. You have to do this rather fast...

Back