BSOD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all!

I'm new here and I hope that someone could help me. For some time I have a BSOD problem which I cannot solve. When it occurs it says 'DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL' but it doesn't say which file is responsible for it. It says also
STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X00000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X00000000); which should be DMA controller if I'm right, and there are no resource conflicts. I did everything what I should do (driver update, directx update, virus scan, spyware scan, etc). I have even bought a new PS cause I thought that 230W was not enough (I have 400W now). It happens for no apparent reason, whether I do something or I don't do anything on my comp. This is really annoying, cause I can't go and buy new parts just to find out whic is not functioning right. I'm enclosing my 4 days minidump. Please help.

Thanx.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

2 minidumps crash at ipnat.sys. This is the Windows IP Network Address Translator. They have a bugcheck of 7F.

2 minidumps crash with an unknown image. They have a bugcheck of D1.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

As you can see from the above, faulty ram is a possible cause of your problems.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thank u for reply. i've ran memtest and it found errors on my ram. i just don't understand, cause i ran memtest before some time ago and it didn't found any errors then. well, now i know what my problem is.

I am not " Mr know it all" but i can say that the other 2 people here have likely nailed your problem down. Its likely bad ram and now that memtest is showing errors its almost guaranteed its bad ram.
Ram gets overheated and other things can happen to it so its good one day and bad another. I have even heard that sometimes a certain stick of ram wont work in one pc but will work in another. That would be more likely if you have miss-matched ram.
So if you run memtest with one stick at a time in your mobo you will find which ram is causing your problems. But if you are keeping the other good ram that you have then you want to match any new ram that you get as close as you can to the ram you have. Check the timings on the ram and get the same timings.

thanks for reply nork, but it's definitely bad ram, cause i have just one stick and memtest showed the same errors when i put it in other banks. i have checked with nvidia compatibility list, and my ram manufacturer wasn't on the list. so i decided to buy a new one.

lobotomix, getting new ram is certainly the way to go. But you dont have to get the exact same make of ram that is posted at nvidia. Its a good idea if you can get that ram, but any similar ram will do just fine.
In many cases ram simply gets damaged and goes bad just the same as a video card, mobo, etc etc. I suppose what happens is that we look at ram and dont see any moving parts, no capacitors etc and we figure it cant go bad but it does and we just cant see it. But when memtest tells us the ram is bad, its bad and needs to be replaced.
Not only that but often its a result of ram simply going bad, not even overheating or anything else, just simply ram wearing out. All ram is not made the same, there are cheap knock-offs that are not built as well as some brand name ram.
Im glad you found the problem and it can be corrected easily if not fairly cheaply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back