Bsod problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay for the last six months I've been getting a horrible amount of BSOD's from my Dell 5100 which is about 2 years old, I've been through countless conversations with Dell online and over the phone where the problem appears fixed but creeps up again later. I've been replaced with RAM and reinstalled the OS (mind you not all the RAM) but it still happens. those were both on separate occasions and I reinstalled it because I thought the problem was Atapi.sys and daemon tools (virtual drive)

I don't know how to read minidumps at all so I was wondering could anyone read them and post them here or give some insight on how to fix it? I was considering chucking my RAm and getting a 2Gig memory kit and maybe upgrading to Vista (running XPsp2 atm) I bought Bioshock recently and cant run it well which dissapoints me too :( MY LIFE SUCKS!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, please attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Here you go. Forum doesn't seem to like .Rar files.

I ran memtest before, and Dell replaced a single stick because that was the onyl one I could find errors on, I've done waht you've said like 10 times over but it's always the same. It might go a day with no crashes or it might go 10 seconds it's random.

Your minidumps crash with various culprits and bugchecks.

I am of the opinion this is a hardware problem of some kind. Faulty or incompatible ram/underpowered or failing psu/over heating/overclocking/fulaty mobo etc.

You will need to try and diagnose which hardware is at fault.

Try running with just one stick of ram and see if your system becomes stable. If it doesn`t, try another stick of ram and so on.

Check your mobo for bulging or leaking capacitors.

Check your temperatures and make sure the case isn`t dusty.

Regards Howard :)

well I think it's RAM because before I bought bioshock I noticed that on the properties tab of my computer I only had like 772 RAM or something, so I found one stick loose and it started crashing again. SO I think it's that stick but it's the one that was replaced by dell. In relation to the upgrades I was considering above what do you think man?? thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back