BSOD problems STOP: 0x0000008E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathage

Hi. Can anyone please help me with my Laptop problems ! I really have no idea what to do now. I have a Compaq Evo N1020V, Microsoft windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

2.00GHz, 992 MB RAM.

Basically my computer keeps restarting itself. I wouldnt say it is random restarting though. The bulk of the restarts happen when i either put in a DVD or if watching a movie and go to the next

chapter etc. However it also restarts occassionally other times. But when i think about it..it is usually video related. I've run AVG anti-virus, Ad-aware and RegCure and cleaned it up that way but still

it crashes.

The IT guy at work tooka quick look at it...and he said the fan doesnt work but the fan seems to work fine upon inspection.

My boss is pretty good with computers and he said he's pretty sure its a software problem. I havent got my original disks to re-install the OS so i thought i'd ask for help.

My boss said run the Diagnostics for Windows in the Control panel so I did but it crashed almost immediately after running with this BSOD message.

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XF3F9A962, OXF360CBAC, 0X00000000)
*** BUFADPT.SYS - Address F3D03962 base at F3D03000, Datestamp 3ffdbe6d

After restarting due to the BSOD.....more often than not..it comes up and says ...Start windows normally or Last good configuration etc.....I hit either of them...sometimes it starts up and sometimes

it just keeps restartin itself at that stage. After a few times i give up and turn the computer off. Wait 10 minutes or so and try again and it starts up.

When it starts up...the latest error i get is....Microsoft windows..The system has recovered from a serious error. The error report is the following

Error signature
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F3F04962 BCP3 : F366DBAC
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

Error report contents

C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8f19.dir00\Mini102108-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8f19.dir00\sysdata.xml

CAN ANYONE HELP ??....I'll buy ya a pint !..lol

Cheers

Please locate and post this: C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8f19.dir00\Mini102108-01.dmp

You can get to it by Start->Run-> C:\Windows\Minidump -> ok

Then Attach
attach.gif
the Minidump to a new reply

You will see the
attach.gif
symbol on the small reply toolbar

Edit:

You can also update your Buffalo drivers here:
http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/

You can update all your Computer's Drivers here:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

Please do this before replying back

Inside the two MiniDumps
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, f3f04962, f366dbac, 0}
Probably caused by : BUFADPT.SYS
PROCESS_NAME: cpqdiag.exe

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, f3d03962, f360cbac, 0}
Probably caused by : BUFADPT.SYS
PROCESS_NAME: cpqdiag.exe

cpqdiag.exe Compaq Diagnostics tool

Other than doing the edit I supplied above
Please uninstall the Compaq Diagnostics tool

Hi. Thanks for your reply. What step do you think i should take next?
Delete the C:\windows\cpqdiag directory?

I think maybe its that program just coz i tried running it and then it crashed.....but it was restarting itself prior to me even knowing that utility.

The BSOD only appears when i try running that program. I have to check but i think my computer doesnt create a dmp file when it restarts itself.

cheers

Doesn't it have an uninstall command in Add/Remoe Programs ?

Otherwise just run Startup Control Panel and stop it from starting with Windows (if it is starting with Windows)

It's not ideal to just delete, ie Uninstall better

You could rename the folder that it's in to OLD or something

When i had the restart problem initially ...my friend said run "Compaq diagnostics to see if theres a problem"...I said that is not in my control panel but i said there was a Diagnostics for windows utility..so i ran that but it crashed..giving that BSOD error. So uninstalling that diagnostic utility will stop that certain BSOD error i hope but my the initial restart problem still exists....i just put in a dvd and started watchin it...when i moved to the next chapter the computer just restarted. And it hasnt created an error file as far as i can see....Mayeb its a video driver/card problem???...Maybe i should co to compaq website and download all the ATI drivers etc again?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back