BSOD Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I've been having problems for some time now and after posting on several boards and getting almost no feedback, I've found this one which looks alot more promising.

I built my own computer about a year and a half ago, here are my specs:

Windows XP SP2
AMD FX-55
PCI-E ATI X850 XT
2GB Corsair RAM
80GB Maxell HD, 250GB Western Digital HD (No raid)
eVga nForce4 Motherboard
420W PSU

This is a fresh install, I just reformatted and reinstalled Windows about a week ago. Spyware-free here.

I've actually taken out 1g(2 512mb sticks) of the RAM after another board suggested memtest86 and with all 4 sticks in there it listed that I had over 7k errors. I removed the newer RAM that I had just bought and the errors went down to 3.5k. Just out of curiosity I took out the old RAM and ran the test with just the new RAM, errors down to 282. I re-arranged the pattern of the RAM and now the errors are down to 20. They were all on test 7 as well. Not sure exactly what that means.

Anyway! The problems I've been having are that I get BSOD's quite often. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is the most common one I see. This happens whenever I play games for more than a few minutes, upload music via iTunes, or try to record music via firewire. My computer BSOD's then restarts with the CPU at a very high temp, usualy 65C. So I always turn it off and wait for it to cool down. Idle, the CPU usualy runs around 40C which I believe is normal.

So what I'm wondering, is this a RAM problem, overheating problem, PSU problem, driver problem(doubt it), or even something else?

I've uploaded a few dumps from different occasions, hopfully someone can take a look at them and let me know what's going on.

Thanks!

Make sure you go to the Manufacturer Web site and get the Correct MEMORY TIMINGS to enter into your BIOS. Without the correct Timings, these errors can occur.

Memory Dumps note:

NTKRNLPA.EXE- CREATIVE DRIVER PROBLEM
MEMORY CORRUPTION
WIN32K.SYS
KS.SYS- INTEL CPU HYPERTHREADING ISSUE
P17.SYS- CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER DRIVER ISSUE

Check for updated Creative Drivers

Memory timings are right, I updated my creative drivers, still get the errors and still get the BSOD's.

I've uploaded my latest dump.

If it comes down to it, I'll replace my memory. I just need to know if that's the problem. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back