BSOD/random reboot 0x00000050 - PROCEXP140.SYS to blame?

My organization has a Dell PowerEdge T710 that is used as a terminal server. Yesterday we had a seemingly random reboot. I believe this was a BSOD type of crash although there was no BSOD that I saw and the server rebooted itself (we have it set to do that intentionally since it is a terminal server and needs to always be up). Luckily it produced a crash dump file and I was able to retrieve the stop code from the Reliability monitor.

The stop code is : 0x00000050 (0xee1f0011, 0x00000000, 0xc68aa9a4, 0x00000000)

The crash dump is here: megaupload/?d=KG9XYNDS

go to the megaupload site

I am very amateur at analyzing memory dumps but from what I saw in this one it pointed to PROCEXP140.sys. I believe this is a driver associated with the SysInternals Process Explorer tool. There was someone using this tool at the time of the crash and I found evidence online of other experiencing crashes while using this tool. We're leaning towards this being the cause but would like any verification we can get. Also any suggestions to fix this or prevent it from happening again.

Thanks in advance!

The server is used pretty much 24x7 as it is accessed from china when it is not being used in the US. We can schedule downtime for it or take it offline but if there are other things to try first, we would obviously prefer that.

We can try running memory diagnostic or reseating the memory if we schedule downtime, I don't believe we have other memory to use as a replacement though, if we found an issue with that we could get a replacement from DELL I suppose as it is still in warranty

Back